Consumer Reports
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Consumer Reports in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Gee what a surprise Cadillac quality drops tremendously they credit it to the problems of the CUE system.... All of ...
    rhmichaels is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Consumer Reports

Gee what a surprise Cadillac quality drops tremendously they credit it to the problems of the CUE system.... All of us suckered all ready know it....
    WHEN is Cadillac going to do something about it!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Consumer Reports

Well, there's this: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/02/...free-in-march/

Then there is Consumer Reports: My take is use them for an opinion (then make your own conclusions); cancelled my subscription to them (years ago) because I've found their unbiased opinions, pretty much biased and irrelevant (a lot of times).

mikethomas is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    I've had my xts for about 21months. What are all of these problems with cue? I don't know what they are talking about.
    longslim likes this.

Jbob1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS

I was very nervous about the CUE system when I purchased the car, but so far I have been impressed with it. Once you figure it out, it is very easy to use and navigate. I could see how it is too much “tech” for some people but they probably shouldn’t have bought the car in the first place.

rhmichaels is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    C&C that's the 2013 update, most of us already have that one

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by rhmichaels View Post
    C&C that's the 2013 update, most of us already have that one
    Oops, my bad; hopefully they are working on a fix (for your problem) too.

rgauchey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

First of all I'm an old person. 66. But, I've always been tech savvy. I have no problem with CUE. I think it's NON tech savvy people who have the problem. This group tends to be older and never kept up. They didn't have to.

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by rgauchey
    First of all I'm an old person. 66. But, I've always been tech savvy. I have no problem with CUE. I think it's NON tech savvy people who have the problem. This group tends to be older and never kept up. They didn't have to.
    Either way, CUE needs to be user friendly or they will end up like the Ford's MyTouch or something, where they still not usable to non-techies. If they can borrow Apple's user interface, so be it.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    It would be nice if they offered cars with and without CUE so the non-tech people (not me) could just have knobs and buttons.

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    It would be nice if they offered cars with and without CUE so the non-tech people (not me) could just have knobs and buttons.
    That would be a good idea, since it gives people the option to decide whether they want it or not.

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT

Or you could also consider the Buick version. But then, you won't get the high-tech features like the automatic front and rear braking and the styling.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

I wonder how the ladies with nicely manicured--and long--finger nails like the touch screen....

From a design standpoint, it's probably easier to arrange a dash with just one screen than one with a dozen or so buttons. Granted, I don't own a XTS. But if the CUE response is similar to my iPad, then I don't want to deal with it going 70 mph down a highway (or 40 mph down a frost-heave festered New England road). Was reading an article in Aviation Week & Space Technology on Bombardier's new C-series aircraft undergoing certification. Bombardier stated they considered using touch screen technologies but chose knob and button controls because "this is far more accurate" for the human-machine interface. But that's an aircraft.

Just sayin'.....

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I think cue is great, it's just laggy and unpolished which is a shame.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    I think cue is great, it's just laggy and unpolished which is a shame.
    I don't find it either of the two. Mine is super fast and very responsive. I love CUE.

Meddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just picked up my XTS this past Friday and find CUE to be excellent,certainly far better than most automotive reviews I've read over the past many months I noticed today though that it and the heated seats switch will not work while wearing gloves ( for my Cadillac friends in the southern US, gloves are what we have to wear here in Canada even with a heated steering wheel when the temperature is minus 14 as it was here this morning :-) ) The only other thing I've noticed so far about the CUE screen is how greasy the end of my fingers must be. Holy Crap that's nasty!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.