**update** xts to be discounted
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, **update** xts to be discounted in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well as I stated in the past our beloved XTS will soon be a memory. My source at Cadillac pointed ...
    musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

**update** xts to be discounted

Well as I stated in the past our beloved XTS will soon be a memory. My source at Cadillac pointed out to me earlier today that Cadillac has now givin the go on production of there new rear wheel drive flagship based on the Cadillac Elmiraj concept. He said it will debut in 2015 as a 2016 model so im guessing the XTS will be a run of 3 years. If the new flagship looks anything like the Elmiraj, Cadillac will definitely hit a home run with that Monster!! Im hoping the big wigs at GM can find a way to keep the XTS alive, with a few tweeks and upgrades the XTS can be a perfect cruiser..........The new Caddy flagship rumored to be called the LTS there is talk of an all wheel drive,rear wheel drive, twin turbo v8 versions of the LTS...Sorry but its obvious now the XTS was never meant to be a true rival/competitor to the German brands...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Andrew224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '41 67, '66 75, '02 Deville-L, DTS, DTS-L, XTS, '08 Escalade

Re: **update** xts to be discounted

I don't see how they could only have a two year run of the XTS. Do you know how much money goes into design, tooling, and production of a particular model?

rgauchey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

It takes 5 years to depreciate the R&D and tooling costs. That's why a model that's not even selling well will still have a five year run.
    Cobalt, Aztek and others.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

GTO 3 years?
    SSR 3 years?

Shall I continue?

Yes i do know heavy resources are invested to create a particular model. But i also know that the XTS is virtually the same car as the Chevy Impala and the Buick Lacrosse, That's three cars that share the same platform and many components so when you say tooling, design,and money you can see where your argument is flawed for it will not be a total loss for gm if the XTS dies...Which directly relates to my next point if the XTS shares and is virtually the same as two other lower end models it can never rise above,compete or even be taken seriously with the likes of Mercedes, BMW or Lexus which is Cadillac ultimate goal for the argument will always come back to if you want an XTS save 25k and buy an Impala?? Or the XTS closely resembles the Buick Lacrosse, Heck it even has the same exact v6 engine as the Impala....A TRUE SERIOUS FLAGSHIP THAT DEMANDS RESPECT MUST STAND ALONE!! >>>>>REAR WHEEL DRIVE V8 PERIOD!!!
    indmotor likes this.

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Yes, Cadillac needs a "flagship" with RWD to compete in the luxury vehicle market. All indications are that there will be such a vehicle in late 2015 or early 2016. BUT, that does not necessarily mean that the XTS, or an updated version, will be killed. The XTS fills a market segment that the new CTS and a very expensive flagship model do not.
    "Sources at Cadillac" and dealers are all over the place on this topic. While the XTS was an expedient stopgap after GM reorganized, it does provide a vehicle in an important niche that Cadillac could/should not ignore. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out............

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

At least I can take my F/W drive XTS out for a drive this month. I don't know where you guys live but I'm in NY. If I had a one of those luxury R/W drive European or a Cadillac for that matter it wouldn't be an option on a lot of days this winter. Now a V8 is something I would have liked as an option. That new V8 in the Corvette, Chevy SS, and the Silverado would have been a sweet option. The gas milage is better than decent and I would prefer it over a turbo. But I like front wheel drive. True it will not have the road manners of a good rear wheel car but its a good thing to have on a bad weather day.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Chances are the flagship would be as overpriced as the '14 CTS is in an attempt to buy its way (sell it's way??) into the M/B S-class or BMW 7-series prestige level. Though I'm not especially fond of the looks of the XTS (the "high-butt" look, emphasized by that accent chrome strip, is off putting) right now its the only reasonably priced Caddy....

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai 1 View Post
    Yes, Cadillac needs a "flagship" with RWD to compete in the luxury vehicle market. All indications are that there will be such a vehicle in late 2015 or early 2016. BUT, that does not necessarily mean that the XTS, or an updated version, will be killed. The XTS fills a market segment that the new CTS and a very expensive flagship model do not.
    "Sources at Cadillac" and dealers are all over the place on this topic. While the XTS was an expedient stopgap after GM reorganized, it does provide a vehicle in an important niche that Cadillac could/should not ignore. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out............
    Extremely interesting! !

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Chances are the flagship would be as overpriced as the '14 CTS is in an attempt to buy its way (sell it's way??) into the M/B S-class or BMW 7-series prestige level. Though I'm not especially fond of the looks of the XTS (the "high-butt" look, emphasized by that accent chrome strip, is off putting) right now its the only reasonably priced Caddy....
    Agreed, for all its bells and whistles XTS is a bargain, I happen to love the beast never have had an issue with the vehicle. I also agree that the new CTS is overpriced, I drove it when it first came out but recently I had it for a whole week as my car was in service(oil change/replace the compartment to the left of steering wheel that i broke) You have to admit the styling especially with its jewel like daytime running lights the front end is drop dead gorgeous it turns heads, and Everyone does look in awww..It drives and handles well but as 5series and E-class's pass u by u realize the CTS is missing something, Its not quite there yet close but not yet IMO anyway, My good friend aka source at Cadillac swears to me the XTS is on its way out its hard not to believe him but like others say will have to see how sll this drama all unfolds

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

If they didn't have the XTS and they did have a flagship model in rwd and the price point was more than I am willing to spend I would have probably bought the Impala. I always have loved Cadillacs but growing up my dad drove Chevy's and I really like Chevy's. Although we did have a 75 Coupe that was a hell of a car. Like riding on a cloud. I miss that feeling. The room inside. Now if Cadillac offered something like that I would bite. On those snowy winter days I would just hitch a ride in the wife's car.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

GTO 3 years? <----Just a rebadged, third-generation Holden Monaro
    SSR 3 years? <----based on the long-wheelbase Chevy TrailBlazer EXT's platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Z71
    GTO 3 years? <----Just a rebadged, third-generation Holden Monaro
    SSR 3 years? <----based on the long-wheelbase Chevy TrailBlazer EXT's platform.
    Both still used unique tooling for body panels and interior and lasted 3 years. By your definition any car who shares a frame is the same. So I guess the SRX CTS and STS are the same. The XTS and Impala are the same etc etc.

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Both still used unique tooling for body panels and interior and lasted 3 years. By your definition any car who shares a frame is the same. So I guess the SRX CTS and STS are the same. The XTS and Impala are the same etc etc.
    Yeah, but so do other car companies, such as ford/Lincoln, Audi/vw, etc. The old Chrysler crossfire was built on a MB Eclass chassis with the MB motor. A few years ago, if you put a caddy, olds, Pontiac and Buick side be side, it was hard to tell the difference. Anyway I like my XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbill

Yeah, but so do other car companies, such as ford/Lincoln, Audi/vw, etc. The old Chrysler crossfire was built on a MB Eclass chassis with the MB motor. A few years ago, if you put a caddy, olds, Pontiac and Buick side be side, it was hard to tell the difference. Anyway I like my XTS.
    Yes but that's not an indication of a specific models longevity. XTS was ALWAYS classed as a bridge car to keep caddy between the Deville/Seville to the new high end model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.