**update** xts to be discounted - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, **update** xts to be discounted in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Lizbill If the CTS gets any bigger why have the XTS? The CTS can be had with ...
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Re: **update** xts to be discounted

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbill View Post
    If the CTS gets any bigger why have the XTS? The CTS can be had with everything the CTS has plus more (8 speed tranny, rear wheel drive).
    I agree with you on this. I guess time will tell. I am even wondering if this car we are seeing driving around with all the camo on it will be a true S-class fighter. This car might start at $60 grand and move up from there with Cadillac then bringing out a even bigger more expensive model to sit above that. That would then explain the XTS going away. I know Caddy first said that there would be two flagships coming out on the new Omega platform, they then axed the more pricer version. But who knows that might be back on if they feel its a good business case.

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Everything that is said is just rumors until the actual details are released from Cadillac, but if it is true that the XTS is just a stopgap until the actual "flagship" comes out, then it's most likely what some have already stated. The XTS was meant to fill the void for both the mid-size and full-size cars in the line-up, meaning that the new CTS is now in the true mid-size category, while the ATS is the new small car in the line-up, and then the new "flagship" will be the full-size car.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by TomD1951 View Post
    From Wikipedia
    "The Holden Monaro (mon-AH-ro) is a muscle car that was produced by GM Holden Ltd, an Australian subsidiary of General Motors, between 1968 and 1977 and between 2001 and 2006. Since 1968, three generations of the Monaro have been produced."

I am confused by all this chatter about the GTO being a clone of this auto. The first Gto was intro'd in 1964, a muscled up Tempest. (And mighty muscles they were).
    Anyway, if they discontinue the XTS, so what? My wife and I will still enjoy ours, and maybe trade in on whatever is there on the showroom floor.
    If Cadillac is lucky they will hit another home run like they did with the XTS.
    in 2004 GM deciding to bring back more performance oriented RWD cars but not having anything suitable in the pipeline introduced variants of their Australian cars the Monaro/Commodore the first was the 2004 GTO then the G8 then the current Camaro and the G8 was resurrected as the chevy police interceptor and later the SS....the GTO/Monaro was brought into the conversation as a parallel example of platform sharing to the XTS/LaCrosse

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Oh, "that" GTO! that was a rather poor attempt at a muscle car.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD1951
    Oh, "that" GTO! that was a rather poor attempt at a muscle car.
    Really? A 400 hp 6.0 6 speed sub 13 second car is a poor attempt?! I believe a 69 SS with the 396 ran low 13s...

Slizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 RSM CTS-V Wagon
    Not really news here guys. From the outset Cadillac said that this car was around only to fill a hole in the lineup until they debuted their flagship.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

The last "GTO" had better technology, better gearing, and lighter materials. The 60's muscle cars did it with old-fashioned "muscle". Hence the name. I think some of the better tuned 375 hp 396's did some lower 12's.

Skie500 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beauty DTS
    Everything that is said is just rumors until the actual details are released from Cadillac, but if it is true that the XTS is just a stopgap until the actual "flagship" comes out, then it's most likely what some have already stated. The XTS was meant to fill the void for both the mid-size and full-size cars in the line-up, meaning that the new CTS is now in the true mid-size category, while the ATS is the new small car in the line-up, and then the new "flagship" will be the full-size car.
    if the rumors are correct I think its a bad move for Cadillac they need a bigger option to the CTS for its Deville clientele that won't want to by the CTS due to the smallish size but can't afford to pay $80k for this new flagship just to get the size increase. Anyway just my two cents on the matter

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Skie500 View Post
    if the rumors are correct I think its a bad move for Cadillac they need a bigger option to the CTS for its Deville clientele that won't want to by the CTS due to the smallish size but can't afford to pay $80k for this new flagship just to get the size increase. Anyway just my two cents on the matter
    I agree with you on this, since I've mentioned it several times before, that I do hope that they keep the XTS since it's designed more for comfort than sport. This is what Cadillac's have always been known for, but we'll have to wait and see. The XTS has taken over the livery role that the Deville and DTS had fulfilled for many years. I highly doubt that the livery market would be willing to pay $80,000+ for a full-size car, should they decide to end production of the XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.