**update** xts to be discounted - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, **update** xts to be discounted in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No argument there....
    Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Re: **update** xts to be discounted

No argument there.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauai 1
    Yes, Cadillac needs a "flagship" with RWD to compete in the luxury vehicle market. All indications are that there will be such a vehicle in late 2015 or early 2016. BUT, that does not necessarily mean that the XTS, or an updated version, will be killed. The XTS fills a market segment that the new CTS and a very expensive flagship model do not. "Sources at Cadillac" and dealers are all over the place on this topic. While the XTS was an expedient stopgap after GM reorganized, it does provide a vehicle in an important niche that Cadillac could/should not ignore. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out............
    ^^^^ this.

There is still a niche that the XTS fills. Primarily the demographic who bought the DTS, and as pointed out by others, the platform is shared so it's not terribly expensive to continue the model on.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyserious
    At least I can take my F/W drive XTS out for a drive this month. I don't know where you guys live but I'm in NY. If I had a one of those luxury R/W drive European or a Cadillac for that matter it wouldn't be an option on a lot of days this winter. Now a V8 is something I would have liked as an option. That new V8 in the Corvette, Chevy SS, and the Silverado would have been a sweet option. The gas milage is better than decent and I would prefer it over a turbo. But I like front wheel drive. True it will not have the road manners of a good rear wheel car but its a good thing to have on a bad weather day.
    Very true. My CTS-V hasn't been out of the garage since the end of December. I could have bought snows and a different set of wheel, but rented a car for a couple of months.

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    GTO 3 years?
    SSR 3 years?

Shall I continue?
    Ha ha nice one..so what was the guy saying about if a car doesn't do well?? Something about 5 years lol..I'll add another one for Ya remember the pontiac fiero didn't that run for 3years...

GTO 3 years?
    SSR 3 years?

Shall I continue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

GTO 3 years?
    SSR 3 years?

Shall I continue?
    please do because these are bad examples....the GTO is a Holden Monaro which had a 5 year run and the 3 years you remember they imported it and slapped a pontiac badge on the hood and trunk, almost zero difference no tooling cost, they did make one change, they added hood scoops, but that ended up working its way back to the Monaro those cars were twins.......and the SSR was a reskinned trailblazer which had a 7 year run

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai 1 View Post
    Yes, Cadillac needs a "flagship" with RWD to compete in the luxury vehicle market. All indications are that there will be such a vehicle in late 2015 or early 2016. BUT, that does not necessarily mean that the XTS, or an updated version, will be killed. The XTS fills a market segment that the new CTS and a very expensive flagship model do not.
    "Sources at Cadillac" and dealers are all over the place on this topic. While the XTS was an expedient stopgap after GM reorganized, it does provide a vehicle in an important niche that Cadillac could/should not ignore. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out............
    true .....the market for this is livery/town car/fleet and china they value limos and many a car has been stretched to sell there....the XTS' huge back seat works there

----------

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyserious View Post
    At least I can take my F/W drive XTS out for a drive this month. I don't know where you guys live but I'm in NY. If I had a one of those luxury R/W drive European or a Cadillac for that matter it wouldn't be an option on a lot of days this winter. Now a V8 is something I would have liked as an option. That new V8 in the Corvette, Chevy SS, and the Silverado would have been a sweet option. The gas milage is better than decent and I would prefer it over a turbo. But I like front wheel drive. True it will not have the road manners of a good rear wheel car but its a good thing to have on a bad weather day.
    no disrespect to a fellow Caddy owner, but this argument doesn't hold completely true, but comes up so much......America is not the only place it snows, there are plenty of places it snows in Germany and its interesting that up until the CLA this year, Mercedes and BMW have not made much inroad in the FWD market.....the truth is, the big 3, in the past, did not give a crap about us, FWD wasn't a gift from on high from the benevolent manufacturers for our safety...detroit converted to to FWD because it was easier to make roomier cars that americans like, its cheaper to produce and it reduces liability because less skilled drivers can get around in them in worse conditions...thats it, MONEY....now we have several generations of drivers trained in FWD

----------

Quote Originally Posted by musvlehead View Post
    Ha ha nice one..so what was the guy saying about if a car doesn't do well?? Something about 5 years lol..I'll add another one for Ya remember the pontiac fiero didn't that run for 3years...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Fiero went 5 years

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee

please do because these are bad examples....the GTO is a Holden Monaro which had a 5 year run and the 3 years you remember they imported it and slapped a pontiac badge on the hood and trunk.......and the SSR was a reskinned trailblazer which had a 7 year run

----------

true .....the market for this is livery/town car/fleet and china they value limos and many a car has been stretched to sell there....the XTS' huge back seat works there

----------

no disrespect to a fellow Caddy owner, but this argument doesn't hold completely true, but comes up so much......America is not the only place it snows, there are plenty of places it snows in Germany and its interesting that up until the CLA this year, Mercedes and BMW have not made much inroad in the FWD market.....the truth is, the big 3, in the past, did not give a crap about us, FWD wasn't a gift from on high from the benevolent manufacturers for our safety...detroit converted to to FWD because it was easier to make roomier cars that americans like, its cheaper to produce and it reduces liability because less skilled drivers can get around in them in worse conditions...thats it, MONEY....now we have several generations of drivers trained in FWD

----------

Fiero went 5 years
    How are these bad examples. They were specific badging body panelling and interiors not used on other models. And suppose we take your side then that has NOTHING to do with the xts dying as its still uses the same structure as the impala. Guess that makes an xts and impala the same car by your opinion.

How are these bad examples. They were specific badging body panelling and interiors not used on other models. And suppose we take your side then that has NOTHING to do with the xts dying as its still uses the same structure as the impala. Guess that makes an xts and impala the same car by your opinion.
    they are the same car it's the Epsilon II and in modern car manufacturing platforms are designed to be modular so they can make a new car at the drop of a hat by playing legos with the pieces...this car was the Opel insignia (Buick regal) since 2008 then morphed to Lacrosse, then to impala/xts.....the argument in this thread is it's unlikely Cadillac will do a short run on XTS in order to get their money back, i happen to agree but it's not for development costs, because having effectively been making the same car since 2008 they made their money back a long time ago

GM plots a lot of the variants a platform can be when they design a new platform the alpha platform for instance went from ATS to CTS to next Camaro and will probably be the new top of the line Cadillac (LTS?)...GM can even mix and match platforms (legos anyone?) to make new platforms the SRX is an example of this, SRX is a unique platform called theta premium or theta-epsilon basically a mashup of the terrain/equinox (theta) and the lacrosse (epsilon II)...it would'nt surprise me to see an alpha SUV (a-la bmw X5) GM merely needs to decide what car on their plot board to pull the trigger on

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

No offense taken pissedoffwookie.

firststs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Total number of Pontiac GTOs produced over the 3 years: 40,808

Total number of Chevrolet SSRs produced over the 3 years: 24,112

Total number of Cadillac XTSs sold in 2013: 32,559

no surprise really GTO and SSR were niche products and XTS was holding a major position at cadillac as its large sedan in 2013...Now in 2014 it sits in an awkward position as being virtually within inches in size as the car thats getting all the glory now the 2014 CTS .... one has more this one has more that...one is sporty one is cushy both are are priced mid $40K to $70k....those 2 cars could definately be pealing sales off each other...and for sure CTS is just getting started so we know thats not going away....so XTS is likely the car to be discontinued and replaced or grown into an S-Class/7 series competitor...right now the A6 and Kia Cadenza are the only other FWD/AWD large luxury cars to compete with it that i can think of maybe lincoln

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

I agree with others on here and have been saying it for awhile that Cadillac will lose alot of money buy getting rid of the XTS now or later. There are many people that want a car bigger then the CTS but cannot afford a $80,000 grand flagship. Plus they will lose alot of the limo and hurst builders. I still say the XTS will stay around but be moved over to the Omega platform in a few years, maybe they might change the name but I doubt it will go anywhere. GM is not going to make the Omega platform for one car, just will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I agree with others on here and have been saying it for awhile that Cadillac will lose alot of money buy getting rid of the XTS now or later. There are many people that want a car bigger then the CTS but cannot afford a $80,000 grand flagship. Plus they will lose alot of the limo and hurst builders. I still say the XTS will stay around but be moved over to the Omega platform in a few years, maybe they might change the name but I doubt it will go anywhere. GM is not going to make the Omega platform for one car, just will not happen.
    Cadillac may lose sales going upmarket by ditching XTS but that's OK.....Mercedes was always in this realm....Cadillac used to be but crapped all over themselves in the 80's and 90's so now people tend to see them as cheap ways to get bigger cars.....BMW has done what Cadillac is doing and they may just have shed the same customers as Cadillac would....but the money shows the BMW made the right decision

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    Cadillac may lose sales going upmarket by ditching XTS but that's OK.....Mercedes was always in this realm....Cadillac used to be but crapped all over themselves in the 80's and 90's so now people tend to see them as cheap ways to get bigger cars.....BMW has done what Cadillac is doing and they may just have shed the same customers as Cadillac would....but the money shows the BMW made the right decision
    How much off can you get for a Platinum VSport from MSRP?

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I seriously doubt the Hearse market is going to break the bank for Cadillac...black cars/livery maybe

TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

From Wikipedia
    "The Holden Monaro (mon-AH-ro) is a muscle car that was produced by GM Holden Ltd, an Australian subsidiary of General Motors, between 1968 and 1977 and between 2001 and 2006. Since 1968, three generations of the Monaro have been produced."

I am confused by all this chatter about the GTO being a clone of this auto. The first Gto was intro'd in 1964, a muscled up Tempest. (And mighty muscles they were).
    Anyway, if they discontinue the XTS, so what? My wife and I will still enjoy ours, and maybe trade in on whatever is there on the showroom floor.
    If Cadillac is lucky they will hit another home run like they did with the XTS.

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

If the CTS gets any bigger why have the XTS? The CTS can be had with everything the CTS has plus more (8 speed tranny, rear wheel drive).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.