Trunk pops open by it's self
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Trunk pops open by it's self in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2013 Cadillac XTS pops open the trunk while parked in the garage. Once the horn blew s times by ...
    2car5123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS & 2012 CTS COUPE

Post Trunk pops open by it's self

My 2013 Cadillac XTS pops open the trunk while parked in the garage. Once the horn blew s times by it's self. This has happened several times and I am sure the remote was activated. Has anyone else encountered this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

Re: Trunk pops open by it's self

I had that with my 2013 XTS when I first got it. I'm still not sure if I did from the pager accidentally when it was in my pants pocket. It happened a couple of times. Never had an issue when its in my jacket pocket. It still chirps when I walk into the garage from outside. Maybe its just saying take me out?

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Yes I've had same problem. The manual says to hold button down but if you just touch button it opens I know that on Lacrosse forum on customer vehicles that say they are having trunk opening problem somehow they are making the fog have to be pushed twice which seems to solve trunk opening unwantedly.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I took mine back to the dealership and they had to clear some codes out

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 2car5123 View Post
    My 2013 Cadillac XTS pops open the trunk while parked in the garage. Once the horn blew s times by it's self. This has happened several times and I am sure the remote was activated. Has anyone else encountered this?
    Hello 2car5123,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I see forum members provided insight to your vehicle concern. If you are going to bring your vehicle into your dealership and would like my involvement throughout that process, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and I am more than happy to assist. In the message include your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location.

Kindest Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rphguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yes I've had the same problem. on 4 or 5 occasions after getting off work, I was walking to my car to find my trunk was wide open with a new set of $1500 golf clubs in the trunk. To my surprise they were still there. But now it's gotten to the point that I do not put anything valuable in my trunk because you never know when it might open. I purchased a rubber key fob cover which has helped, but it;s still open twice since I tried that quick fix. Anybody else got any answers? On the laughter side, my boss makes fun of me because I bought a $60k car that has a trunk I cannot trust.

Zl700 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    Happens all the time on my Escalade, horn going off, my rear window open. The keys wrap around from the ring and push the buttons when I sit down or bend over. Never happens on my XTS since I keep no keys on it. In addition I have the leather fob cover that helps even more.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Which leather Fob do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Rphguy View Post
    Yes I've had the same problem. on 4 or 5 occasions after getting off work, I was walking to my car to find my trunk was wide open with a new set of $1500 golf clubs in the trunk. To my surprise they were still there. But now it's gotten to the point that I do not put anything valuable in my trunk because you never know when it might open. I purchased a rubber key fob cover which has helped, but it;s still open twice since I tried that quick fix. Anybody else got any answers? On the laughter side, my boss makes fun of me because I bought a $60k car that has a trunk I cannot trust.
    Hi Rphguy,

I can see how this issue with your trunk would be frustrating. Have you ever brought this concern up with your dealership? I know you are looking for feedback from the forum, but if you would like additional assistance, feel free to PM me with your VIN, mileage, and contact information and we can discuss this concern further.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 2car5123 View Post
    Wow i thought i was the only one! I park in a garage at work also and it has happened to me a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    Wow i thought i was the only one! I park in a garage at work also and it has happened to me a few times.
    Hello 5.0 lsc,

I am sorry you have been experiencing difficulties with your trunk opening randomly. Have you contacted your dealership regarding this concern? If you would like additional assistance regarding this issue, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership and contact information.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer care

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Fellow cadillac owners- the symptoms remind me of an issue cited in another thread. People's trunks were opening because the button on the transmitter is too sensitive. A technical service bulletin was issued by Cadillac. You can return to the dealer and your FOB and/or one of the cars modules will be reprogrammed to desensitize the trunk release button. After the change, one needs to keep the trunk open button depressed for several seconds before the trunk will open.

You would hope that the cadillac customer care team would share this information since they monitor these threads. But they don't provide that service. An ongoing mismatch of expectations I have witnessed between forum members and care team replies.

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

Wow good info. I had this happen early on a few times. Last week first time in months it happened again. I had too many things jammed in my pocket along with my keys and fob. I came out of store and my trunk was wide open.

Rphguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hello Austin, yes I've mentioned on 2 occasions while visiting my dealer, King Cadillac in Florence, SC, but was told they had not heard of this happening with anyone else....and they looked to see if there was any recall info on the subject, but they couldn't find any. However a few days later they called me to ask me where I purchased my rubber fob cover because I'm assuming they had another customer with the same problem and I had told the them the rubber fob cover helped, but it still was happening a few times even after I purchased the fob cover. Now I just don't carry the fob cover in my pocket anymore which sometimes is a problem, but that works. When my wife is with me, when we get out of the car, I give her the fob to carry in her pocketbook. I will send you my pm info, thanks, Rphguy

captmlsnyder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xts
    I've had the same issue. Dealer reprogrammed the fobs but didn't help . They gave me key fob covers. I guess they haven't figured out what is causing it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.