Tires-2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tires-2 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As I have stated before, I was very unhappy with the Goodyear tires that Cadillac put on my XTS. After ...
    ldfult is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Tires-2

As I have stated before, I was very unhappy with the Goodyear tires that Cadillac put on my XTS. After 6500 miles, I went ahead and replaced them with a set of Michelin Energy MXV4S8. The difference in the ride and quiteness is very noticable. I am very pleased that I went ahead and made the change. I feel it was worth the money. Too bad that Cadillac put such a poor tire on their car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Re: Tires-2

I have the Goodyears also and I think they are noisey or else the car needs more insulation. My 2 Enclaves were quitter than my 2013 xts.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Over the years, I have found there are great differences in road noise as a result of the tires. Noise is one of my most importnat criteria when purchasing new tires. The Continental DWS have performed well for me in this area. I have Pirelli P Zero Neros on my other car. Very quiet.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ldfult View Post
    As I have stated before, I was very unhappy with the Goodyear tires that Cadillac put on my XTS. After 6500 miles, I went ahead and replaced them with a set of Michelin Energy MXV4S8. The difference in the ride and quiteness is very noticable. I am very pleased that I went ahead and made the change. I feel it was worth the money. Too bad that Cadillac put such a poor tire on their car.
    Hello Idfult,

I apologize that you are unhappy with the tires that were on your vehicle at the time of purchase. I will definitely document your concerns and forward them to the correct group if you would like to private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership that you usually work with. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kennyxts View Post
    I have the Goodyears also and I think they are noisey or else the car needs more insulation. My 2 Enclaves were quitter than my 2013 xts.
    Hello kennyxts,

I apologize that you are experiencing this noise with your XTS as well. I would be more than happy to document your concerns in our database as well if you would like to provide me with the information I requested from Idfult. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Idfult,

I apologize that you are unhappy with the tires that were on your vehicle at the time of purchase. I will definitely document your concerns and forward them to the correct group if you would like to private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership that you usually work with. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello kennyxts,

I apologize that you are experiencing this noise with your XTS as well. I would be more than happy to document your concerns in our database as well if you would like to provide me with the information I requested from Idfult. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory, I don't know if it's the tires or if the xts just needs more insulation. I think it would
    be smart for GM to do Decible checks on their vehicles with different tires on them.
    It wouldn't be that hard to do and they may just be shocked at the results.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyxts View Post
    Gregory, I don't know if it's the tires or if the xts just needs more insulation. I think it would
    be smart for GM to do Decible checks on their vehicles with different tires on them.
    It wouldn't be that hard to do and they may just be shocked at the results.
    Hello kennyxts,

I will be sure to document your feedback and pass it along to the correct department. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message with your vehicle information if you would like me to document your concern as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.