How are V-Sport owners liking their Cadillac XTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, How are V-Sport owners liking their Cadillac XTS? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So who has an XTS V-Sport - and what do you think of it? To me, with the twin turbo ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

How are V-Sport owners liking their Cadillac XTS?

So who has an XTS V-Sport - and what do you think of it? To me, with the twin turbo engine, I imagine it as the ultimate Cadillac DeVille...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lassc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS vSport / SRX

Re: How are V-Sport owners liking their Cadillac XTS?

I have recently purchased the XTS vSport Platinum and I love the car. Definitely rides different than the XTS Premium which I traded to get the vSport after a very good test drive at the dealership.. Plenty of power to get you out of tight spots if necessary. I have had no issues at all.

MartyR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS - V - 2011 SRX -TURBO - 2014 XTS V-Sport

Terrific car, on caomparison to my 09 V, almost as much power,very tractible because of the low RPM torque, fuel eficient, 21 mpg. avg. and in normal setting it rides very well, shift to manual and ride stiffens, the stering tightens and the shifting is performanc oriented. You couldn't ask for a better touring sedan, no problems and completly happy with car. I can only by 91 octane fuel and it requires 92, found a station that sells racing non leaded 95 or 100 octane fuel and mixed some 95 with the 91 to achive a 93 octane and the difference is very noticable but not necessary.
    Excellent brakes and handeling, feels just like my V did. Love this car, Marty R.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Lassc View Post
    I have recently purchased the XTS vSport Platinum and I love the car. Definitely rides different than the XTS 3.6 which I traded to get the vSport after a very good test drive at the dealership.. Plenty of power to get you out of tight spots if necessary. I have had no issues at all.
    Hello Lassc,

I am glad you are loving your XTS Vsport! Continue to enjoy your awesome ride and if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me via private message. I am here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MartyR View Post
    Terrific car, on caomparison to my 09 V, almost as much power,very tractible because of the low RPM torque, fuel eficient, 21 mpg. avg. and in normal setting it rides very well, shift to manual and ride stiffens, the stering tightens and the shifting is performanc oriented. You couldn't ask for a better touring sedan, no problems and completly happy with car. I can only by 91 octane fuel and it requires 92, found a station that sells racing non leaded 95 or 100 octane fuel and mixed some 95 with the 91 to achive a 93 octane and the difference is very noticable but not necessary.
    Excellent brakes and handeling, feels just like my V did. Love this car, Marty R.
    Hi Marty,

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear of your positive ownership experience with your 2014 XTS Vsport so far! We wish you many happy miles to come. If you ever have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are more than happy to assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lassc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS vSport / SRX

I have to agree with everything Marty R has stated relating to the performance / ride for the XTS vSport!!! I am seeing the same MPG around town and have seen 24 to 25 MPG on the freeway..........

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by MartyR View Post
    I can only by 91 octane fuel and it requires 92, found a station that sells racing non leaded 95 or 100 octane fuel and mixed some 95 with the 91 to achive a 93 octane and the difference is very noticable but not necessary.
    Depends on your elevation; you may be perfectly fine with 91 (at elevation). No need to mix to obtain higher average octane.

xtsbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I purchased a Raven Black 2014 Cadillac Platinum XTS4 V-Sport in early December. I traded in a 2007 Mercedes S600. Although the Caddy is a little smaller than my twin turbo V-12 Mercedes, I really love the car. The build quality is great as I have not had a single issue. The AWD worked well on the icy North Carolina roads last week.

My wife and I have owned four Mercedes E-Class cars over the last several years. Mercedes has improved the quality during that time and my wife's 2013 model has been trouble-free. I believe that Cadillac I purchased is a better value for the money with more power and room when the two cars are similarly equipped.

The car guys and gals are back at GM! I was prepared to be disappointed when I test drove this vehicle. The last two American cars we purchased were disappointing, to say the least. But this car is different. GM employees have been studying the competition and the market place carefully. Countless details in the design and engineering have been addressed.

There are others on this forum that have said that this car is overpriced and not worth the money. Well, I have driven the competition and I couldn't disagree more.

BTW, I showed the car to two younger associates and they loved the car's styling and interior design. I realize that a sample of two can't be used to extrapolate any trends, but I think the brand will be attracting younger buyers.

I can honestly say that I didn't want to test drive this car, but now I'm glad that I did.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

I am in a position as to what to buy and can't decide what to do. I had an 09 CTS-V that I sold recently, and am thinking now of either getting a 2014 XTS-V Sport platinum or a leftover new 2012 CTS-V sedan marked way way down. I drove an xts v-sport yesterday, and also a couple other times prior. Plus I had a regular xts loaner car a couple times when my V was in for service. I really like the xts vsport because they are so roomy and plush inside with decent power, but am also tempted to get another cts-v because of the over the top power. Both are great cars but for different things. Prior to my CTS-V I had an STS-V which I really liked also for the size/power, and did miss some of the luxury features that I gave up getting the CTS-V. Ugh, so conflicted!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.