Glove box switch inconsistant
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Glove box switch inconsistant in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I saw a post by kennyxts that mentioned a failed glove box switch. Mine is terribly inconsistent on my 2013 ...
    garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Question Glove box switch inconsistant

I saw a post by kennyxts that mentioned a failed glove box switch. Mine is terribly inconsistent on my 2013 XTS Platinum. Sometimes, it opens right away, sometimes, it won't open at all and I try it later and it works. I hate to think of having to get the switch replaced. Any work like that in the dash creates the opportunity for rattles. Anyone else having that problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Meddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Glove box switch inconsistant

I don't know if it's a known problem with the XTS but I took one for a test drive last week and the salesman was showing me all the different features of the car and hit the glovebox switch and...nothing!
    Found everything else to my liking so went ahead and ordered one anyway. Looking forward to an April delivery. Since I live in Oshawa where they are manufactured I'm hoping someone I know works on the line and can let me know when this beauty rolls down the line.

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

We had ours replaced 2 weeks ago as it was doing the same thing as yours.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Living in Oshawa, it's interesting to see how they justify that $1650 delivery fee. It's cheaper to ship it to Hawaii. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    I don't know if it's a known problem with the XTS but I took one for a test drive last week and the salesman was showing me all the different features of the car and hit the glovebox switch and...nothing!
    Found everything else to my liking so went ahead and ordered one anyway. Looking forward to an April delivery. Since I live in Oshawa where they are manufactured I'm hoping someone I know works on the line and can let me know when this beauty rolls down the line.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by garrykolb View Post
    I saw a post by kennyxts that mentioned a failed glove box switch. Mine is terribly inconsistent on my 2013 XTS Platinum. Sometimes, it opens right away, sometimes, it won't open at all and I try it later and it works. I hate to think of having to get the switch replaced. Any work like that in the dash creates the opportunity for rattles. Anyone else having that problem?
    Hello garrykolb,

If you are going to bring your vehicle into your dealership for a diagnosis, please let me know. I am more than happy to assist throughout that process. Send me a private message if you would like to further discuss your situation and have my involvement while working with your dealer.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Meddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor
    Living in Oshawa, it's interesting to see how they justify that $1650 delivery fee. It's cheaper to ship it to Hawaii. Go figure.
    Please don't remind me as a $10 can ride would take me to the end of the line and I could drive it home

----------

Naturally can was meant to be cab

CCXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS, ATS

I had the switch replaced under 300 miles. I had the same issue pop up again due to a short in the new
    replacement switch. My hope is the 3rd switch does the trick :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CCXTS View Post
    I had the switch replaced under 300 miles. I had the same issue pop up again due to a short in the new
    replacement switch. My hope is the 3rd switch does the trick :-)
    Hello CCXTS,

I am sorry to hear this concern came back and I apologize for any inconvenience this has been. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CCXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS, ATS

The dealership replaced the switch 3rd switch under 8200 miles) yesterday so far so good.
    Mary at Medina Auto Mall is great.

My hazards came on intermittently for the second time and they
    reprogrammed my BCM. I hope this takes care of it.

The check engine light has come on a few times but no codes

Laura you may call me if you like

Quote Originally Posted by CCXTS View Post
    The dealership replaced the switch 3rd switch under 8200 miles) yesterday so far so good.
    Mary at Medina Auto Mall is great.

My hazards came on intermittently for the second time and they
    reprogrammed my BCM. I hope this takes care of it.

The check engine light has come on a few times but no codes

Laura you may call me if you like
    Hi Chad,

I am going to send you a private message and we can go from there.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

IrishTBole is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Not sure if this will be helpful, but when I first picked up my 2013 XTS, the glovebox would only open intermittently. The switch seemed to be working (you could hear it) but the glovebox wouldn't open all the time. When I did get it open, I shot the latch with just a bit of WD 40 - no more sticking latch! Opens every time - so far.....

garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

IrishTBole - not the same issue. My switch did nothing. The latch wasn't stuck or blocked. The switch was bad. Just had it replaced this week. Interesting aside - they gave me a 2014 CTS to drive. I was out that evening and an ambulance was approaching. I put my hazard lights on and pulled to the curb and stopped. After they passed, I pulled back out and tried to turn the hazards off - nothing. The center console is the same as my XTS, and the hazard switch is a touch switch, just like the glove box door. My adult son was with me - as I drove, he tried to turn them off. Nothing. I finally parked at our destination and we both tried multiple fingers, positions, pressure, all to no avail. I expected it would sit in my garage overnight, flashing away, and I would have to call the dealer in the AM to get their loaner with a dead battery. Finally, after several minutes, we hit the magic combination of finger, pressure, position and profanity and they turned off. I returned the vehicle the next day when my XTS was ready and let them know they have another switch to replace. Seems like a bit of a design issue, or a supplier issue to me.

bob31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have had my xts since aug 2013 and never had this glove box problem. I was in Florida for 2 months and 2 days before I went home the left side of the glove box would not release when switch was pressed. In the morning when the inside of the car was cool it would release.but when the car sat in the sun and got very hot inside the left side would not release until I drove long enough for the ac to cool the inside. Ijust got home and hope to go to the dealer soon. I live in the Chicago area so this should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bob31 View Post
    I have had my xts since aug 2013 and never had this glove box problem. I was in Florida for 2 months and 2 days before I went home the left side of the glove box would not release when switch was pressed. In the morning when the inside of the car was cool it would release.but when the car sat in the sun and got very hot inside the left side would not release until I drove long enough for the ac to cool the inside. Ijust got home and hope to go to the dealer soon. I live in the Chicago area so this should be fun.
    Hi bob31,

I am sorry to hear that your glove box has been acting up. Hopefully you can get this resolved quickly with the dealer. Please send me a PM if you require any additional assistance. Sorry you have to come back to this awful weather, but I hope you have a great day!

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Haha....my glovebox and hazard switch wasnt working as the salesperson showed me the car as i was buying it....they say never buy the first year of a new car/model

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.