XTS Dash Rattle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Dash Rattle in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2013 XTS Premium. This car is awesome and probably the nicest care I have ever owned. There ...
    reggieh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

XTS Dash Rattle

I have a 2013 XTS Premium. This car is awesome and probably the nicest care I have ever owned. There is just one major problem. It has a dash rattle which started the day I purchased the vehicle. It has been to the dealer 4 times and they cannot fix it. I have only owned it for 2 months and it has been at the dealer for half of that time. This is the worst car purchase I have made in the last 25 years. I have complained to Cadillac and the dealer and so far they have dropped the ball. I have asked that the car be replaced with a new one but no one is stepping up to the plate. I do not think the rattle will ever be able to be repaired. It is like the whole dash is moving and plastic to plastic rattle sounds are very noticeable. This is most disappointing from the flagship of Cadillac. At this point I will never own another one and would not recommend purchasing one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snellor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: XTS Dash Rattle

I don't know if this helps or not, but I had a slight rattle somewhere at the top of my dash. I took my car in for an oil change and they did a number of recall fixes on it. One was to install a new windshield grill cover (sits in the center of your dash up next to the windshield). Ever since that fix...no more rattle.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by reggieh View Post
    I have a 2013 XTS Premium. This car is awesome and probably the nicest care I have ever owned. There is just one major problem. It has a dash rattle which started the day I purchased the vehicle. It has been to the dealer 4 times and they cannot fix it. I have only owned it for 2 months and it has been at the dealer for half of that time. This is the worst car purchase I have made in the last 25 years. I have complained to Cadillac and the dealer and so far they have dropped the ball. I have asked that the car be replaced with a new one but no one is stepping up to the plate. I do not think the rattle will ever be able to be repaired. It is like the whole dash is moving and plastic to plastic rattle sounds are very noticeable. This is most disappointing from the flagship of Cadillac. At this point I will never own another one and would not recommend purchasing one.
    Hello reggieh,

I apologize for the concern you are experiencing with your 2013 XTS. I understand your frustration due to your current situation. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation and review your case. Can you please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, dealership name and location and a case reference number if you were provided with one? I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stew1001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury

I have a similar problem with my 2013 XTS Luxury. The vibration/rattle comes from the steering wheel area and I despise rattles, especially is what is billed as a luxury vehicle. I broght it to the dealer several times and they do absolutely nothing to fix it, even saying they can't hear it. I wish that Laura M. would reach out to me as well.

buzz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2016 Acadia Denali

Interesting to read this. I had a rattle develop not long after I took delivery, and searched every conceivable area to try and isolate the cause. My efforts were to no avail, and given the rattle was only noticeable over certain types of road conditions and at certain speeds, it was particularly annoying.

While at the dealer for another reason, I mentioned the rattle. The service manager asked if he could go for a ride with me and listen for the rattle. I agreed, and was sure the trip would be worthless as I said it was an intermittent noise, and we all know how that works out.

Anyway, the guy was very focused and I noticed he was poking around at the three button overhead garage door assembly. I managed to find a section of highway with tar strips and lo and behold, the rattle was obvious. Also obvious was when he pressed against the button assembly, the rattle stopped.

I was looking for the source in the instrument panel and floor console, and he found it right overhead. They replaced the control assembly under warranty, and now the car is rattle free...

GFK
    GFK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Interesting to read this. I had a rattle develop not long after I took delivery, and searched every conceivable area to try and isolate the cause. My efforts were to no avail, and given the rattle was only noticeable over certain types of road conditions and at certain speeds, it was particularly annoying.

While at the dealer for another reason, I mentioned the rattle. The service manager asked if he could go for a ride with me and listen for the rattle. I agreed, and was sure the trip would be worthless as I said it was an intermittent noise, and we all know how that works out.

Anyway, the guy was very focused and I noticed he was poking around at the three button overhead garage door assembly. I managed to find a section of highway with tar strips and lo and behold, the rattle was obvious. Also obvious was when he pressed against the button assembly, the rattle stopped.

I was looking for the source in the instrument panel and floor console, and he found it right overhead. They replaced the control assembly under warranty, and now the car is rattle free...
    I had and have this same issue. The overhead console was replaced. The noise stopped. However, I noticed a black rubber piece protruding from the front on it. When I asked from it to be pushed back in, the rattling started again. I am just coming the realization that things may not be as refined as I thought.

lcmjaguar is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS

2015 XTS Luxary model. Finally found the source of my rattle. It was not the steering wheel area although it sounded that way. Several days at the dealer. It was coming from the heads up display openining on the dash near the window, dash vibrating against the plastic opening of the heads up display. I have the two inch by two inch heads up display version with the four red led lights. Was able to take some foam and squeeze it in between the dash and heads up display thin crack and stuff in all in side opposite the window, nice size chunk of foam squeezed down in to fit snug. Once pushed in all the way you can not see it. Squeak gone and sanity back and avoided the dealer from doing damage to my car every time they do interior work or getting my light color seat and interior very dirty; they just never learn. That's the problem with Cadillac dealers that also sell GMC trucks, they are very rough on your luxary vehicle.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
    Car noises are a major pain in the rear. Many times they are not coming from where you think, and they can take some serious persistence to find/fix.

I've chased down many over the years. My wife loves it when I make her drive over bumps while I crawl all over the place trying to find a noise.

I almost had her lock me in the trunk once while she drove, but lucky didn't have to (yes very unsafe). I hate car noises that shouldn't be there.

Rsteph is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 CTS (traded), '06 CTS (traded), '14 XTS FWD Lux (now)

And sometimes they are the stupidest (and user error) things. Developed rattle in wife's '14 Mazda6 shortly after we got it. I searched all over trying to pin it down. Ended up finding it by accident. Garage remote I put in the overhead sunglasses compartment (which is not lined with anything..just bare plastic). Wrapped it in kleenex, just to see, and rattle gone. Ha.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.