My 2013 XTS won't start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, My 2013 XTS won't start in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The engine will not turn over, I'm getting the malfunction indicator lamp warning light when I attempt to start the ...
    Skie500 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2013 XTS won't start

The engine will not turn over, I'm getting the malfunction indicator lamp warning light when I attempt to start the car, lights, accessories and radio all work, but when I go to push to start the above warning light comes on. Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Take it to the dealer. Waranty

Yep having roadside call a tech out tomorrow if he can't start it then they'll tow it in. This sucks I love this car so much to.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: My 2013 XTS won't start

I'm glad you have a plan of action for your XTS tomorrow - we're so sorry to hear that it won't turn over for you! Please keep us updated on how everything goes!

Sarah (Assisting Greg and Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thx Sarah will do.

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

If it had been driven for a couple of days or for only shorts stops.
    It's probably your battery!

Hmmmm I thought if it was my battery the battery light warning light would be on instead of the malfunction indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Skie500 View Post
    Thx Sarah will do.
    Hi Skie500,

You are welcome. Gregory and I can be reached via private message to further discuss your situation.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank yuk I took the car in and they can't find anything wrong with it, of course the car started fine while it was in service this morning and produced no error messages. I just took it to the grocery store and when I came out to leave the car didn't start, the malfunction light came on as well. I waited a few minutes tried again and it started. I got it home in my garage and I'm noticing some of the dash light won't turn off. The ones around the CUE screen glove box etc. those 4 are still lit up. I wish I could send you a pic but this app doesn't like to upload pictures.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skie500
    Thank yuk I took the car in and they can't find anything wrong with it, of course the car started fine while it was in service this morning and produced no error messages. I just took it to the grocery store and when I came out to leave the car didn't start, the malfunction light came on as well. I waited a few minutes tried again and it started. I got it home in my garage and I'm noticing some of the dash light won't turn off. The ones around the CUE screen glove box etc. those 4 are still lit up. I wish I could send you a pic but this app doesn't like to upload pictures.
    Regarding the comments about the buttons surrounding the CUE screen remaining illuminated after the ignition is turned off, there was a different thread on this topic. My 2014 XTS does it. Others have noticed the same. They remain lit for about 10 minutes afterward. I stood outside my car and watched.

Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

I'm the person who originally had the question about the lights around the CUE...They do stay on after the the car is off andeventually shut off is how the system works. Talked to the dealer and tried various xts in the showroom.

Hello Skie500,

I understand how your situation can be frustrating when your dealer was unable to duplicate your concerns during your last visit. I recommend taking pictures or a video of your concern when it occurs, so you can show the service department at your dealership. We rely on our GM certified dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field. If you would like our assistance while working with your dealership and setting up a new appointment in the near future, please send us a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac service fixed the problem they had to keep my car a few days to uncover that it was a lose ignition wire that caused the inconsistent starting problem. The re-plugged in the wire so I'm all fixed up! Yay!!

Hi Skie500,

We're very happy to hear that your Cadillac dealership was able to address all of your concerns and fix your intermittent starting issues. Please feel free to let us know if you have any concerns in the future.

Amber N. (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Taedon20 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello,

My Caddillac XTS battery went dead. We jumped it got it started the CUE screen wont come on. I still push buttons to cut things off and on like AC. What could be the problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.