Cannot download Cds to CUE HDD!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cannot download Cds to CUE HDD!! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today, we tried to download or "save" CD music to our CUE system hard drive on the 2013 XTS.............but could ...
    Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Cannot download Cds to CUE HDD!!

Today, we tried to download or "save" CD music to our CUE system hard drive on the 2013 XTS.............but could not. We can easily download CDs to the hard drive in our 2012 SRX; easy and simple to accomplish. A call to CUE assistance resulted in a reply of "You can not download CD music to your hard drive in your 2013 XTS."
    I can think of some "go-arounds " but am wondering if Forum members have any advice on a direct method of downloading (recording) from CDs to CUE?
    Thanks for your help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cannot download Cds to CUE HDD!!

There is no hard drive in the CUE system. You can save your music to a USB memory stick or an SD Card and play music from that. I have 2500 songs on my SD card. It's really nice feature. It's much quicker to work on a computer and manage your music that way than to load CDs onto a hard drive.

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Thanks, Jeffpaletz and those who private messaged! We do use our iPod, etc. to play music in the XTS. However, if we do not have the iPod, SD card, etc. in this particular vehicle, it would be so nice to have a library stored on the vehicle's hard drive and readily accessed. The '12 SRX makes this so very easy, but then it is a completely different system with a large hard drive. It would be great to have "the best of both worlds" in the CUE system, but I guess I am just being picky!
    Again, thanks to the forum members who responded.......

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

I have all my songs on my IPhone. It streams via Bluetooth with no problems. Whe the phone rings, just answer it and when I hang up, back to the music. Real neat; no cables or wires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.