2013 xts brake squeal - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 xts brake squeal in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just saw this thread, I am interested to see what my dealer says about this squeal this week. I thought ...
    TomD1951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: 2013 xts brake squeal

Just saw this thread, I am interested to see what my dealer says about this squeal this week. I thought my XTS had an unusual problem, but looks like its not that unusual.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by TomD1951 View Post
    Just saw this thread, I am interested to see what my dealer says about this squeal this week. I thought my XTS had an unusual problem, but looks like its not that unusual.
    Hello TomD1951,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your XTS’ brakes squealing. Please keep us updated when you have your appointment with your dealership. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me as well. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Gregory,
    I was told at my dealership that it was due to a thin film of water forming on the pads usually happening in cooler weather. They checked my brakes and found no issues. They suggested i hit the brakes while backing up, and this does stop the squeal.
    This noise is probably caused by some small nuance in the design geometry. The engineers will probably find a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD1951 View Post
    Thanks Gregory,
    I was told at my dealership that it was due to a thin film of water forming on the pads usually happening in cooler weather. They checked my brakes and found no issues. They suggested i hit the brakes while backing up, and this does stop the squeal.
    This noise is probably caused by some small nuance in the design geometry. The engineers will probably find a cure.
    Hello TomD1951,

Thanks for taking to respond and provide your experience you had at the dealership recently. I will be sure to document what they said as well and forward it. Please feel free to private message me if you have any future questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I just got service on my 2013 XTS Platinum and I told the dealer about that very same squeal in my car. When I picked it up, he said they applied a lubricant specifically for that issue. So far, no squeal. We'll see if it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmboy62 View Post
    The brakes on my 2013 xts Luxury (22,000 miles) emit an ear piercing squeal when I brake in reverse. This usually occurs after the car has been parked for sometime, ie; overnite in my garage. In warmer weather it was just an intermittent screech that only seemed to occur if we were having wet weather. After being parked outside my office yesterday, I not only embarrassed myself, but I think I alerted the whole county when I applied the brakes while backing up. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by garrykolb View Post
    I just got service on my 2013 XTS Platinum and I told the dealer about that very same squeal in my car. When I picked it up, he said they applied a lubricant specifically for that issue. So far, no squeal. We'll see if it lasts.
    Hello garrykolb,

I am glad to hear that this update was able to address the noise you were hearing from your brakes. Thanks for posting your experience you have had with this. Please keep us updated if the sound comes back. Laura or I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership to look into this concern further.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

PasqualeB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS PLATINUM AWD Graphite Metallic

I ran into this issue on my 2013 XTS as soon as the cold weather settled in the Northeast. Happened each morning when backing out of my garage, never noticed the problem in forward motion. Also noticed a couple times when parked a while at the mall (cold single and teen digit days) when backing out of a parking place. I emailed my service manger giving him a synopsis, and after researching he commented back to me with: I did find a Preliminary Information bulletin on the XTS with your brake option. They have a lubricant to apply to the back of the brake backing plate abutments. I'll have the parts department order the lubricant and get you in to try it on your car. The service was completed and have not had any further squeals.

X Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury

This problem started yesterday as my wife was backing out of the garage. We live in Orlando, FL and car only has 1000 miles on it. So it can't be a cold weather or wear issue.

Hello X Caddy, they told me it was a "cool" weather issue, causing a thin film of condensation to form. Orlando does have cool weather at times.

Quote Originally Posted by X Caddy View Post
    This problem started yesterday as my wife was backing out of the garage. We live in Orlando, FL and car only has 1000 miles on it. So it can't be a cold weather or wear issue.
    Hi X Caddy,

It looks like some of your fellow forum members had success going to the dealer for this issue. If you would like to do the same, I’d be happy to set up an appointment for you. Please PM me your VIN and relevant information if you are interested and I will get right on it.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

X Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Luxury

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the offer, I think I will wait until I take it in for it's first maintenance visit.

----------

Hello TomD1951,

Thanks for the info!

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

On my car service notice lube was applied and a different set of brake pads were installed. The squeal has returned but not as bad. The car is currently back at the dealership since Tuesday. They have brought in a GM representative in to access the issue.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just had my XTS in the shop for a few things. Oil streak on passenger and driver window, Heated seats not warming up during auto start and the breaks squeak. The service reports states that they looked it up in the GM system and and had to lube the breaks and i think replace the pads. I have not heard anything but its only been one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by X Caddy View Post
    Hi Austin,

Thanks for the offer, I think I will wait until I take it in for it's first maintenance visit.[COLOR="Silver"]
    X Caddy,

No problem. Please keep us informed how the maintenance visit goes.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    On my car service notice lube was applied and a different set of brake pads were installed. The squeal has returned but not as bad. The car is currently back at the dealership since Tuesday. They have brought in a GM representative in to access the issue.
    I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you, cblove. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please feel free to send me a private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    Just had my XTS in the shop for a few things. Oil streak on passenger and driver window, Heated seats not warming up during auto start and the breaks squeak. The service reports states that they looked it up in the GM system and and had to lube the breaks and i think replace the pads. I have not heard anything but its only been one morning.
    Hey Bejaip,

I am sorry you had to take your car to the dealership over those issues. Please let the forum know what happens with the brakes; hopefully, some of the other members will benefit from the info as well.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip
    Bejaip. There has been a different thread on the seats not heating during auto start. Make sure you read the owners manual. During auto start period, the heating elements are activated. But the lights on the cue console do not illuminate. Nonetheless you won't feet the seats being hot.. That because the heat does not transfer until you are sitting in the seat. Your butt needs to make the seat surface make contact with the seat heating element. I have an ATS and an XTS and it is the same. This is not how I expected it to work. On my past cars with seat heaters, they got hot without a body needing to be seated on them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.