2013 XTS window trim stains
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 XTS window trim stains in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone had issues with window trim staining on the '13 XTS? I am new to this thread although we ...
    3cadi/av is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Has anyone had issues with window trim staining on the '13 XTS? I am new to this thread although we have 3 Cadillacs. We are thoroughly enjoying each of them. Thanks for your welcome. The trim stains have the appearance of either hard water stains or paint that have fallen off a vehicle and splattered onto the finish. My response was to attempt cleaning with chrome cleaner but to no avail. The vehicle is a 2013 Luxury XTS with approximately 12k miles.

Since, we have taken it into dealer services and they replaced all the window trim with new trim. Happy, happy,happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2013 XTS window trim stains

Your thread has been moved to the proper forum and its title changed to be a bit more descriptive: Your username - as a thread title - defines neither the car nor the problem.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    On the stainless trim? What kind of stains?

keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

I think I know what 3cadi/av is saying. The chrome trim around the windows and on the trunk and around around the tailpipes seems to get 'blotchy'. My 2014 Vsport has 4000 miles and after a wash the blotchiness didnt go away.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

On my window i get a streak on the passenger and drivers window that when i clean it then it comes off

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I've also noticed the window trim stains that don't seem to come off, but haven't tried anything beyond the Mother's Car Wash that I use weekly.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 3cadi/av View Post
    Has anyone had issues with window trim staining on the '13 XTS? I am new to this thread although we have 3 Cadillacs. We are thoroughly enjoying each of them. Thanks for your welcome. The trim stains have the appearance of either hard water stains or paint that have fallen off a vehicle and splattered onto the finish. My response was to attempt cleaning with chrome cleaner but to no avail. The vehicle is a 2013 Luxury XTS with approximately 12k miles.

Since, we have taken it into dealer services and they replaced all the window trim with new trim. Happy, happy,happy.
    Hello 3cadi/av,

I apologize that you had a concern with your window trim staining on your XTS. I am glad to hear that the dealership has been able to address the concern and replaced your window trim. Please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself if you have any further questions or concerns with your vehicle. You can either private message us or reach out to us via email at socialmedia@gm.com. I hope you are enjoying your XTS now!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2013 XTS Platinum. The window trim looks more like anodized aluminum than stainless (someone on the thread may be able to confirm). If it is, aluminum is much softer than stainless and while the anodize is hard, it can be etched. Detergents that are caustic (automatic car washes) or bird droppings can etch. If it is anodized, trying to polish it may make things worse.

Can Katie check on this?

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

The trim is aluminum

The 2013 ATS and XTS feature bright aluminum moldings that require proper care in order to maintain their appearance.
    TIP: Owners should be advised of the proper care of the bright aluminum moldings. Review this information with owners.
    In order to avoid damage that may not be covered by the new vehicle warranty, it is recommended that a non-alkaline solution be used for preparation and washing of the bright aluminum moldings, otherwise damage may occur. (Fig. 12)

Fig 12

If a cleaning solution with an alkaline pH greater than 11.0 is used, the vehicle should be rinsed immediately by following this procedure when washing the vehicle:
    1. Prewash the vehicle to bring moldings to room temperature.
    2. Apply the cleaning solution out of direct sunlight and at room temperature.
    3. Rinse the moldings with clean water within five minutes of application of the cleaning solution.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.