Heating Blowing to Hot
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Heating Blowing to Hot in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After 14 months all of sudden my Heating and Air Conditioning is having problems. The Heat is now way to ...
    Supie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2013 ATS

Heating Blowing to Hot

After 14 months all of sudden my Heating and Air Conditioning is having problems.

The Heat is now way to hot and if I lower the temperature to 61 it is still blowing heat, if I go to LOW (which I assume is 60) it will finally blow cold.

Did one of my settings cause this? I have tried to change settings but no luck in fixing the problem?

Anyone have any suggestions? I am hoping I will not have to go in for service.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JerseyDevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Heating Blowing to Hot

Do the following, it will cure the problem. Another forum member provided this and it worked for me!

How to HARD RESET your CUE (& trouble with the heater)
    Last night I remote started my car using the Cadillac ap for iPhone and with the On-star integration - big mistake as it locked out my heater and wouldn't allow me to turn on the heater. Apparently, this might be more common then you think as the dealer was "familiar" with this "phenomenon". To remedy the issue, and gain control of your heater controls again, you need to do a HARD RESET of the CUE. Be advised, this does NOT cause you to lose your presets or any setup; rather it is just like hitting the reset button on your computer when it freezes. Here is how to do a HARD RESET when you loose control of CUE.

1.) Open the CUE face plate (exposing the storage area) - LEAVE IT UP.

2.) Turn the car OFF

3.) Open the DRIVER's door

4.) Wait 30-60 SECONDS

CUE won't tell you that it reset. When you start he car however (and after shutting your door and lowering your face plate) you will see a yellow circle going round and round and that confirms your RESET.

Supie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS, 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    Do the following, it will cure the problem. Another forum member provided this and it worked for me!

How to HARD RESET your CUE (& trouble with the heater)
    Last night I remote started my car using the Cadillac ap for iPhone and with the On-star integration - big mistake as it locked out my heater and wouldn't allow me to turn on the heater. Apparently, this might be more common then you think as the dealer was "familiar" with this "phenomenon". To remedy the issue, and gain control of your heater controls again, you need to do a HARD RESET of the CUE. Be advised, this does NOT cause you to lose your presets or any setup; rather it is just like hitting the reset button on your computer when it freezes. Here is how to do a HARD RESET when you loose control of CUE.

1.) Open the CUE face plate (exposing the storage area) - LEAVE IT UP.

2.) Turn the car OFF

3.) Open the DRIVER's door

4.) Wait 30-60 SECONDS

CUE won't tell you that it reset. When you start he car however (and after shutting your door and lowering your face plate) you will see a yellow circle going round and round and that confirms your RESET.
    Thanks for your reply.

Turns out I played with all the settings and it went back to normal, not sure what solved the problem but some one mentioned if the defrost button is on this could cause the problem so I turn it on and off a few times, maybe that did it.

I printed and saved the Hard Reset Instructions for possible future use.

Question: Are you sure a hard reset doesn't wipe out some or all of the Cue and Favorite Settings?

In case some one else needs to try this, just to be sure do a CUE System backup first, as follows:

With CUE operational
    Open center console, insert blank USB flash drive (4GB or more)
    Select Settings > Select Software Information > Select Save CUE Settings and it will save the CUE settings

JerseyDevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have done the CUE reset several times without loss of any favorites. I also use it when XM will not play.

Thanks for posting the CUE system backup procedure. I have been meaning to do this since I have been reading that if the dealer does a software install that favorites may be lost.

Thanks again

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Our XTS did the opposite: it started blowing cold air at high fan speed, and could not be controlled, even after shutting off the engine and restarting. The problem disappeared after the vehicle sat overnight.
    The dealer found a service bulletin for this exact problem, and performed a software update. Hopefully the problem is solved.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Supie View Post
    After 14 months all of sudden my Heating and Air Conditioning is having problems.

The Heat is now way to hot and if I lower the temperature to 61 it is still blowing heat, if I go to LOW (which I assume is 60) it will finally blow cold.

Did one of my settings cause this? I have tried to change settings but no luck in fixing the problem?

Anyone have any suggestions? I am hoping I will not have to go in for service.
    Hello Supie,

I am glad to hear that after you messed around with your settings it went back to normal. I see you have gotten some great advice from JerseyDevil as well. Please let us know if you experience the concern again if you are planning on taking your vehicle into the dealership to have them look into this concern. You can reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line, or by private message. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.