Rattles, Squeeks and Road Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sonny3621
  • 1 Post By acpantera
  • 1 Post By jeffc83
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Rattles, Squeeks and Road Noise in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Bought a new 2013 XTS "Luxury Edition" in mid October. Now have approximately 1600 miles on it. Highway and local ...
    drose224 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rattles, Squeeks and Road Noise

Bought a new 2013 XTS "Luxury Edition" in mid October. Now have approximately 1600 miles on it. Highway and local driving. Have experienced an absolutely flawless ride, very low road noise with factory tires and not one squeak or rattle so far. This car is an absolute joy to drive and ride in. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Just my two cents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Re: Rattles, Squeeks and Road Noise

Quote Originally Posted by drose224 View Post
    Bought a new 2013 XTS "Luxury Edition" in mid October. Now have approximately 1600 miles on it. Highway and local driving. Have experienced an absolutely flawless ride, very low road noise with factory tires and not one squeak or rattle so far. This car is an absolute joy to drive and ride in. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Just my two cents.
    Hello drose224,

We are glad to hear your ownership experience has been positive so far! Continue to enjoy driving your XTS. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

indydude is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Is any one else have problem with the XTS and road noise? I had a very nice quite comfortable ride except last 60 days getting noise very similar to a wheel bearing going out. Had my 2013 XTS to the dealership three time for this and every time same answer, bearing are fine, torque converter fine and it must be the tires. I bought new tires from dealership did not help. Warranty getting ready to expire, my guess is dragging this out thinking will get a beg repair bill after. I do not like the XTS anywhere as nice as I did my three DTS's before this car, this and the noise and inability to fix pretty much makes the XTS my last Cadillac.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR, 2013 XTS4 Platinum

At any time when you took your vehicle to the dealership for the noise issue did you have a tech ride along to experience what you're hearing?

My XTS is the quietest car I've owned. In fact, it's the quietest vehicle I've ever ridden in.

CCC

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic

My XTS is the best car I ever owned.
    NormV likes this.

acpantera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red

Quote Originally Posted by indydude View Post
    Is any one else have problem with the XTS and road noise? I had a very nice quite comfortable ride except last 60 days getting noise very similar to a wheel bearing going out. Had my 2013 XTS to the dealership three time for this and every time same answer, bearing are fine, torque converter fine and it must be the tires. I bought new tires from dealership did not help. Warranty getting ready to expire, my guess is dragging this out thinking will get a beg repair bill after. I do not like the XTS anywhere as nice as I did my three DTS's before this car, this and the noise and inability to fix pretty much makes the XTS my last Cadillac.
    If I were you, I would insist that the service manager ride with you in a new XTS and then in your XTS in a direct comparison. There is no reason why this can't be resolved and the shop should be bending over backwards to make you happy, particularly after they talked you into buying new tires. If that shop doesn't meet your expectations, try another one.
    I wouldn't blame the whole brand on this, it's the dealership's service department that is dropping the ball.
    As for my XTS ownership experience? It rides and handles very well, the cabin in quiet at speed, and the performance and efficiency exceeds my expectations.
    NormV likes this.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post

My XTS is the quietest car I've owned. In fact, it's the quietest vehicle I've ever ridden in.

CCC
    My Buick Verano is quieter at low engine rpm and at highway speeds due to road noise. I think mine is missing sunroof drainage tube area road noise insulation. When the sunshade is opened I can hear the turbo whistle in the sunroof area. And that is with a different set of tires/wheels.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    At any time when you took your vehicle to the dealership for the noise issue did you have a tech ride along to experience what you're hearing?

CCC
    My 2013 Lacrosse Touring was definitely quieter but the XTS is still decent. Not going to compare rattles because the Caddy is still losing by a long shot, lol.

@NormV - I believe you are correct about that...I had the same issue when I owned the CTS4. (missing insulation, also needed new drainage tubes)
    NormV likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.