XTS Ride
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Ride in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a new 2013 XTS that does not take bumps very well. After getting the vehicle home, I got ...
    danh130145 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

XTS Ride

I have a new 2013 XTS that does not take bumps very well. After getting the vehicle home, I got a low tire pressure warning from on-star. It seems that the dealer had under inflated the tires. It rode pretty well when I test drove the car but the ride became much harder when I inflated the tires to the proper 35psi level. I am betting that every XTS on the lot has low tire pressure to make it appear to ride well. Anyone else have the same problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I'm not sure what the proper tire pressure is for an XTS, but 35 sounds high. Where did you get that number?

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: XTS Ride

35 psi Is what is print on information tag on door . This is exactly what happened when I purchased my XTS they had air pressure set at 30 psi when test driven, when got home and signed up for onstar on ipad that came with vehicle it notified me that tires where low on pressure. So next day had pressure taken up to recommended pressure and in turn the ride changed as op said and on concrete highways at highway speeds tires are very noisy. Makes you wonder about why they were set at 30psi exactly on all four tires.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Don't set the tire pressure at 35psi when the tires are cold. Set them at 30-32. As you drive and the tires heat up the pressure will increase to 35psi. These cars are not like the old boats where they rode really soft. If you want he car to handle well you are going to give up some softness in ride. No one ever accused an old STS,DTS or DeVille of handling well. I think the XTS handles quite well. Even better that my 07 Charger R/T.

----------

Oh and don't blame the car for the road noise. When I replaced the tires on my 07 Charger the car improved a little in the handling area but was way more sensitive to road noise. I should have stayed with the factory tires as they were a lot quieter.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by danh130145 View Post
    I have a new 2013 XTS that does not take bumps very well. After getting the vehicle home, I got a low tire pressure warning from on-star. It seems that the dealer had under inflated the tires. It rode pretty well when I test drove the car but the ride became much harder when I inflated the tires to the proper 35psi level. I am betting that every XTS on the lot has low tire pressure to make it appear to ride well. Anyone else have the same problem?
    Hello danh130145,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a rough ride in your XTS after inflating the tires. Have you reached out to your dealership’s service department yet regarding your ride quality? If not, I would be more than happy to set up an appointment with your dealership’s service department to make sure what you are experiencing is normal. Please feel free to private message me, or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rkhoots is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I had the exact same thing happen. I got a email from ONSTAR saying my tire pressure was low. I checked them and they all had 25PSI in them. I thought it rode a little harder than my 2008 DTS during the test drive, but it wasn't to bad, overall I thought it was a little better handling then the DTS. Now that I have 35psi in the tires the ride is a lot rougher and the tires are a lot louder.

----------

If your dealers are intentionally under inflating the tires before the test drive, isn't that fraud, a criminal offense? I smell guys on the lots with tire pressure gauges that work for a class action lawyer. I had 2004 and 2008 DTS's. I put new tires on the 2004 at about 50K. The dealer talked me into putting on KUMHO estacy tires. They never could get them balanced. After a couple of weeks, they replaced them and put on the type Michelen tires that came on it new. I put new Michelen OE tires on the 2008 DTS and had them road force balanced and never had an issue.
    Addessing the comments made by other here on the Forum.
    What are the chances of me being able to get the dealer to change my Goodyear's to Michelen's without it cost me a fortune?

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

About as much chance as your dealer giving you even trade on a new V model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.