OnStar Remote App
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kipsts
  • 1 Post By kipsts
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, OnStar Remote App in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; During the first year with SilverFox , my Platinum XTS I enjoyed the Remote Link options from my Android phone. ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Exclamation OnStar Remote App

During the first year with SilverFox, my Platinum XTS I enjoyed the Remote Link options from my Android phone. Last month I got my new Corvette Stingray (RedHot) and used the similar OnStar Remote Link to download a routing to my Corvette. I noticed at the time that my XTS was no longer listed as an option. I called OnStar and they informed me that only starting in 2014 was the OnStar Remote app free for the first 5 years, but on my 2013 XTS that was not true, it was only free during the first year- I would have to purchase one of the OnStar subscriptions to be able to use the Remote app. Really?!!! How cheap is that for GM and OnStar to eliminate a safety feature of being able to download navigation to your XTS when they have decided that in 2014 to make it a 5 year free feature? I really love my XTS in terms of quality and drivability (as I posted elsewhere numerous times on this forum) but find this a very short sighted decision.
    r34220 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    It was always a paid subscription, I have had to pay for my 2012 CTS Coupe, and now for my 2012 V Coupe. GM then decided to make it free for five years, they have to start somewhere, it would be crazy to make it retroactive. When would they cut it off?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: OnStar Remote App

navigation is not free, just the remote aspect, like the remote start and vehicle lock/unlock, you still have to pay after the complimentary year for the remote diagnostic and nav features, the same goes for your corvette, only you get 6 months instead of a year, then 4.5 years of lock/unlock/start

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: OnStar Remote App

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    navigation is not free, just the remote aspect, like the remote start and vehicle lock/unlock, you still have to pay after the complimentary year for the remote diagnostic and nav features, the same goes for your corvette, only you get 6 months instead of a year, then 4.5 years of lock/unlock/start
    I think you missed my point. The on board Nav is absolutely free as long as you have the car. You obviously can't call OnStar and ask them to download the directions unless you pay for the subscription but you can most certainly put the information into your Nav unit yourself. My point was it is a safety feature being able to get the directions while at home or elsewhere rather than attempting to do it while in your car, and then download them to your XTS via the app. That aspect is free for 5 years with my 2014 Corvette. It would have been nice to have the top of the line XTS Platinum have that as well. It isn't costing GM anything more to provide that and it would have certainly generated good customer satisfaction rather than terminating it at the end of the first year.
    r34220 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.