2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After 20+ years of large SUV's and trucks I finally bought a 2014 XTS. I wanted a QUIET and peaceful ...
    Jay A is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Platinum

2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles)

After 20+ years of large SUV's and trucks I finally bought a 2014 XTS. I wanted a QUIET and peaceful ride. I had one for about the first 1,300 miles. Now I have rattles that are driving me nuts. Seem to come from the dashboard and windshield area of the passenger side. Then I have another one that seems to come from the CUE area.

Spoken with dealership and get all sorts of silly fixes. My salesman told me to turn off the noise cancellation system. Well that is one of the reasons I bought the car!!!!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Yes. Trade it in for a 2014 CTS or new XTS. Rattles in 2014 are unacceptable in any car but a Cadillac should be whisper quite

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I have a slight rattle from the same area on my 13 premium.....love the car though very much

Re: 2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles)

Need the size of the XTS. I am taking it in next week. Getting a loaner and won't take it back unless they fix it. I'm sure I am not the only one with this issue. I wonder if corporate has any answers as the local guys don't seem to motivated to research it. We'll see.

----------

Need the size of the XTS. I am taking it in next week. Getting a loaner and won't take it back unless they fix it. I'm sure I am not the only one with this issue. I wonder if corporate has any answers as the local guys don't seem to motivated to research it. We'll see.

Took my 2014 XTS with the rattles in to dealer today. They gave me a 2013 XTS loaner ann it rattles worse than mine. I live in Colorado - very dry climate. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone experienced this problem. It rattles worse when turning right. Seems to be getting worse. HELP!

satlite440 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): tec at brotherton cadillac

as a dealer tec.. i would like to know if you have ridden with a tec to point these rattles out???? or are you guys one of those caddy owners who is too important to spend the time on this issue????you all realize the cust-service writer-tec chain is broken????? " it's like a deaf person showing the blind person to point out to the seeing eye dog what the color purple smells like." most storys go some what like this
    tech what do you got?
    s/w a rattle in an xts
    tech when does it do it and from where???
    s/w i don't know/don't remeber/didn't ask/didn't ride with cust/ didn't write it down
    tech ok

tech goes for a ride doen't hear feel anything abnormal during his .3 check out due to no real info so no problem found

adds up to a p,o,ed cust. and apoligetic s/w and a tech who looks bad cuz there was nothing to go on but a statment that it rattles...not when or what the road surface is like,hot /cold/ always- only at 65mph on the freeway.. sounds like comes from the trunk/dash... so if what you have told the s/w is not writen verbatum as you told it on the repair order.. the info doesn't get to us.. if all you see is w/c car has rattle/vibration.. the npf is the experence you are in for...

Yes -I took the manager for a ride and he heard the rattles - you would have to be near-deaf not to hear them.
    I drove 1 1/2 hours to the dealership (we live in the mountains and they are the nearest dealer).

The loaner XTS has the same rattles only louder. I would think a solution would have been found as this is not a new problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A View Post
    After 20+ years of large SUV's and trucks I finally bought a 2014 XTS. I wanted a QUIET and peaceful ride. I had one for about the first 1,300 miles. Now I have rattles that are driving me nuts. Seem to come from the dashboard and windshield area of the passenger side. Then I have another one that seems to come from the CUE area.

Spoken with dealership and get all sorts of silly fixes. My salesman told me to turn off the noise cancellation system. Well that is one of the reasons I bought the car!!!!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Jay
    Hello Jay,

I understand your frustration due to experiencing a rattle with your new 2014 XTS. I see you rode with the manager, in which he heard the rattles as well. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I have the same very slight rattle, somewhere on the passenger side. It doesn't do it on every bump, so it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm at 20% oil life left, so when I take it in for maintenance, I'm going to mention it and ask if they have any experience with resolving the rattle. If not, no biggie. My 2008 STS had all kinds of dash rattles, and the dealership fixed all of them in one fell swoop, so I think they had experience with resolving those kinds of things. If anyone here figures out the cause, please post so we can help the service guys figure it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleXTS View Post
    I have the same very slight rattle, somewhere on the passenger side. It doesn't do it on every bump, so it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm at 20% oil life left, so when I take it in for maintenance, I'm going to mention it and ask if they have any experience with resolving the rattle. If not, no biggie. My 2008 STS had all kinds of dash rattles, and the dealership fixed all of them in one fell swoop, so I think they had experience with resolving those kinds of things. If anyone here figures out the cause, please post so we can help the service guys figure it out.
    Hello RockvilleXTS,

I understand your concern for wanting to resolve the rattle you are experiencing with your XTS. If you would like assistance while working with your dealer, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    I have a slight rattle from the same area on my 13 premium.....love the car though very much
    I am glad you are loving your XTS so far, 5.0 lsc. If the rattle is something you would like to work with your dealer towards resolving, please let me know. Send me a private message so we can further discuss any concern or question you have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Harrington is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

From Dash Rattle in my XTS...
    Hey Colorado. Sorry I missed your post. Been off site for a while. I took my XTS on a road trip over Thanksgiving and the rattle nearly had me pulling into the nearest dealership to give it back. I have clients in my car all the time and it is embarrassing to have the flagship Cadillac rattling like a children's toy. I have an appointment to drive the tech around tomorrow morning. Will let you know the results. Any satisfaction on your end?

JDZ25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank goodness for this thread. I am glad to hear it is not just me. I have a '13 XTS Premium and was beginning to think it was just me being me with this rattle driving me crazy.

I literally just dropped by XTS today for my third upcoming appointment to fix this rattle issue.

The first time, the dealer indicated it was something in the A pillar. I thought: "Great, they found it", but the rattle was still present (I drove off the lot and I heard it again by the time I arrived at my first traffic light) just a little less loud.

The second appointment, the dealer seemed skeptical and was not sure where the rattle was coming from. Two days later, they asked me to come back to the dealership and go for a ride with a Tech. While on the drive, the Tech indicated that he tightened the glove box and the existing noise (it was still there, but again, not as loud) might have been from some fabric contacting in the dash. I took the car back with me that day as I needed a car for an upcoming business trip. The rattle was still there but, not as loud again and I thought I could deal with it. About a week ago, the rattle was completely back.

I hope the third time is the charm. I hate being a nag to these guys, but the rattle drives me crazy.

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    Strange maybe im lucky but my 03 DTS was pure silent until like 140k... yall make me think twice about upgrading

70cougar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS, 70 Cougar conv
    My 02 DTS with 133k miles, bought new, also has no rattles despite the stiffer suspension. Hope this doesn't jinx it.

Charlie55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS AWD Platinum

I have a 2013 XTS, about 5,000 miles, and have the same problem of a rattle or buzz in the dashboard or behind the CUE screen. We took it to the dealer yesterday, 12/13/13, and the service manager said it was fixed. "The Tech repositioned some of the apparatus and retightened." One mile from the dealer, the rattle, buzz was back.
    I guess I will take it back for more analysis and fixes. Has anybody discovered the problem and how to fix?
    Charlie55

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.