2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jtawindows Same problems as all of you with my 2013 XTS. I have two rattles. One was ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2014 XTS rattles driving me nuts (1,300 miles)

Quote Originally Posted by jtawindows View Post
    Same problems as all of you with my 2013 XTS.
    I have two rattles.
    One was the switch buttons for the sunroof, I found not them and I hope it is fixed.
    The other they had to take out the entire dash to hopefully fix the problem.
    I also have a new SRS and it is a great car.
    I would not let them try to fix unless it is cold outside since hot days causes expansion and it my not rattle.
    I would also make them test drive on concrete road with expansion joints.

----------

I had the same problem a vjc and they did stop this rattle.
    They hopefully stopped the other one in the dash.
    This involved taking out the entire dash since they could not fix the previous two times.
    Hello jtawindows,

I apologize you were experiencing rattles with your 2013 XTS. I see your dealership has been involved to resolve these concerns. Is your vehicle currently at the dealership still? If you would like to further discuss your situation or have additional questions, please send me a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CCXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS, ATS

I noticed the same rattle on the right side over the past week. I had my son hold the a pillar and the
    Headliner above the passenger seat and it went away. I have to bring the car back in for the second time
    to have this glove box switch replaced yet again. I will keep you posted on the outcome.

reggieh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I like you switched for a Silverado which was never in the service shop for repair or a warranty claim. Now I have this nightmare.
    I have a 2013 XTS Premium. This car is awesome and probably the nicest care I have ever owned. There is just one major problem. It has a dash rattle which started the day I purchased the vehicle. It has been to the dealer 4 times and they cannot fix it. I have only owned it for 2 months and it has been at the dealer for half of that time. This is the worst car purchase I have made in the last 25 years. I have complained to Cadillac and the dealer and so far they have dropped the ball. I have asked that the car be replaced with a new one but no one is stepping up to the plate. I do not think the rattle will ever be able to be repaired. It is like the whole dash is moving and plastic to plastic rattle sounds are very noticeable. This is most disappointing from the flagship of Cadillac. At this point I will never own another one and would not recommend purchasing one.

JDZ25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi all,

I am bumping this thread because I am going back to my dealer on Monday to try to fix my dash rattle. Seems like my rattle invited a friend and I have another coming from the back of my XTS now.

Anyway, just curious, for those who mentioned potential fixes, have your rattles actually been fixed? I was hoping to mention some of the fixes I read in this thread to my dealer (without him thinking I have my own screw loose).

Thanks.

CCXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS, ATS

I no longer own the XTS due to the numerous problems and repairs on a premium "luxury" car
    However have a tech drop the headliner as the clips that hold the center unit that houses the interior lights and garage door opener has clips that need refastened. They worked on mine 4 times until I fixed it myself.
    Hence the frustration, my 1986 Grand National has less rattles. Lol

roadking60455 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS VSport Platinum AWD

I had a rattle on my 14 XTS VSport Platinum. Took it to the dealer for routine service and told them it sounded like it was coming from the A pillar area or the left side of the dash. They sent two techs out in the car and found a headliner clip not seatewd properly. Now it's quiet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.