Dash rattle in my XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Dash rattle in my XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a rattle in the dash of my 2013 XTS coming from 3 locations. Front, driver and passenger. Most ...
    Harrington is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Dash rattle in my XTS

I have a rattle in the dash of my 2013 XTS coming from 3 locations. Front, driver and passenger. Most pronounced in the passenger than front, than slight in the driver side. Seems like it's originating from the light bar trim, but can't be sure. It was almost immediate upon delivery, so it must be a common occurrence. I've brought it to the dealer, who are very helpful, but don't know exactly where to direct their attention. Any ideas. It's kind of embarrassing..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Dash rattle in my XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Harrington View Post
    I have a rattle in the dash of my 2013 XTS coming from 3 locations. Front, driver and passenger. Most pronounced in the passenger than front, than slight in the driver side. Seems like it's originating from the light bar trim, but can't be sure. It was almost immediate upon delivery, so it must be a common occurrence. I've brought it to the dealer, who are very helpful, but don't know exactly where to direct their attention. Any ideas. It's kind of embarrassing..
    Hello Harrington,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! You will learn a lot of insightful information while being an active member on here. If you would like me to contact your dealer on your behalf, I am more than happy to do so. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and we are here to assist with vehicle inquiries and concerns. If you would like my assistance, please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Jay A is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Platinum

I have the same rattles on my 2014 XTAS with 1,600 miles! Took it to the dealer today. They gave me a 2013 XTX loaner - it's worse than mine! Must be a design flaw. We are in Colorado. The dealer suggested that the rubber seals are dry and causing the issue. They are going to apply silicone and hope that helps. My rattles are worse when turning to the right. Even at highway speed. They are driving me crazy. $60,000 + for a new car and it rattles like it has 100,000 miles!

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

No problem on mine.

Hey Colorado. Sorry I missed your post. Been off site for a while. I took my XTS on a road trip over Thanksgiving and the rattle nearly had me pulling into the nearest dealership to give it back. I have clients in my car all the time and it is embarrassing to have the flagship Cadillac rattling like a children's toy. I have an appointment to drive the tech around tomorrow morning. Will let you know the results. Any satisfaction on your end?

Hey Colorado. Sorry I missed your post. Been off site for a while. I took my XTS on a road trip over Thanksgiving and the rattle nearly had me pulling into the nearest dealership to give it back. I have clients in my car all the time and it is embarrassing to have the flagship Cadillac rattling like a children's toy. I have an appointment to drive the tech around tomorrow morning. Will let you know the results. Any satisfaction on your end?
    I see you are working with your dealership to try and resolve the dashboard rattle in your XTS, Harrington. What was the outcome of your visit? Please send me a private message with your contact information, VIN and dealership name and location so we can further discuss your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura M. I am not able to reply to your request in a private message.

Laura M. I am not able to reply to your request in a private message.
    Hello Harrington,

Thank you for letting me know. I apologize for not being able to communicate with you via private message. Please send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN LAURA" in the headline.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.