musvlehead your in box is full.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, musvlehead your in box is full. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Here is my answer to your question: Interesting project your working on. I don't know the numbers but here are ...
    Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

musvlehead your in box is full.

Here is my answer to your question:

Interesting project your working on.

I don't know the numbers but here are a few clues that you may be missing.

This equipment comes on XTS meant for export, or possibly those built in China.

The European rules-of-the-road headlamps used to be labelled T84.

I think that the side markers were labelled T90.

If you search in the parts database for these under XTS you should be able to find them.

If not obtain the last eight VIN digits of an XTS equipped as you wish. With those numbers any competent parts man will be able to find them.

As well, have you asked Rippy for help?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    It's not as easy as you may think.. I have been down many avenues with no success.. I have even called dealer ships in the uk looking for the white reflector covers and came up empty. I then checked the China market and found out that the xts develeloped for China isn't even made with side signal markers at all..I've checked eBay, Amazon,Google you name it.. with this particular part I have come to the conclusion that no one makes a white euro style reflector, all the after market folks say the car is still to new, my parts guy said that the part number is 2087-4072 for the right and 2087-4071 for the left side..It's prooving to be a tough tough find. I was hoping you might know of someone who can manufacturer them or maybe a web site I can look into

Re: musvlehead your in box is full.

Okay - let me take those part numbers and I'll see what I can do.

So I've checked my sources and it seems like there are only the amber ones available, and that there are no XTS in production with clear or white sidemarker lenses.

This means that you get to take on the additional challenge of making your own clear or white sidemarker lenses.

About 15 years ago, a very good program was aired called "Classic Car Resotrations" it featured an actor named Dan Woods. It was a fairly low production value Canadian cable program, but the content was absolutely outstanding. I've tried many times to acquire it on video but to no avail. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275825/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

My point being that over the space of three episiodes, this Classic Car Restorations program demonstrated how to make your own lamp lenses. They used a type of silicone, and a vacuum pump to first create a mold and then to produce a lens. This is what I think you're going to have to do to achieve your goal.

There are products on the market for doing this. One I found via google is Alumilite: http://www.alumilite.com/howtos/Tail...oEquipment.cfm

Best of luck with this. It's the kind of esoteric pursuit that I love to get into and am quite interested in learning of all the steps you have to go through to achieve your desired end result of having the only XTS on the planet with white or clear sidemarker lamp lenses.

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Your last paragraph was epic...Well thanks for looking into it for me..I kinda figured this would be the outcome..Such a simple part a plastic signal cover, but yet a nearly impossible find...Its all good i am sure eventually some one will manufacturer them and more then likely they will come from china listed on Ebay like everything else lol.............

As far as doing it myself i would probably just mess them up and have to buy new ones, Some things I'm just not good at although I'm interested in seeing the process and or steps included with clearing the covers with this Alumilite product and if its feasible i could always purchase the product and have a pro do the job for me this will be the next step on the quest for clear reflectors

If I ever reach my goal I will be sure to share this with you and post pics if i could ever figure out how to ..Once again thanks for your time and effort!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.