LED Door Handle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeGrapes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, LED Door Handle in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Did I miss an update? My door handle are on with the car in drive and door locked. I wouldn't ...
    longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

LED Door Handle

Did I miss an update? My door handle are on with the car in drive and door locked. I wouldn't notice it if my daughter hadn't said how cool the car look coming up to the house. Also my favorite bar is now hidden all the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    huh?

Re: LED Door Handle

Okay I can't duplicate it but it did happen, once, I think lol. My wife and I tried over and over to recreate the sequence of events prior to the lights staying on, but no joy. Oh well it might have been a gremlin in the wiring. If it ever does happen again I will get video evidence.

Some how I did it again by accident.. It's was a combination of pushing door lock on key fob, then holding door open button until all the window go down. After that you push auto start, enter car and press start button. Then I close the windows and the door handle light's stay on. This time I got video of it . http://youtu.be/xMBZBrWL8AA

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I bet the engineers didn't know that sequence. A little knowledge is dangerous.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Now we'll know if any XTS members in our area read this post!!. Love it. Puddle lights stay on too. I'll have to give it a try.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

You're not crazy Longslim. I had the lights stay on for me today and I've been trying to do it again but with out any luck. I unlocked the doors and the trunk with the key fob then got in the car and started the motor while the trunk was being loaded and the lights stayed on while I was driving. Nobody touched the windows or the auto start. I'll keep trying to do it again and remember the sequence.
    longslim likes this.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Some how I did it again by accident.. It's was a combination of pushing door lock on key fob, then holding door open button until all the window go down. After that you push auto start, enter car and press start button. Then I close the windows and the door handle light's stay on. This time I got video of it . http://youtu.be/xMBZBrWL8AA
    oops

I'm a little confused, "holding the door open button until all the windows go down"? how do you get the windows to go down if you are not in the car?

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Joe
    I think he meant the unlock button on the fob. My windows all go down when I hold the unlock button on the key fob. This feature
    has been discussed before.
    cadjiek

Ha, I did not know that about the windows. Anyway the sequence didn't work on my car. I had a 07 Dodge Charger R/T before this car and I joined a Charger Forum for the same reason I joined this one. They had an ongoing post "things about your Charger the manual and dealer didn't tell you". I learned a lot by that thread. Is there one like it here?

2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I really like the look with the door handles and puddle lights on at night.
    Can someone clear up the confusion on the sequence to accomplish this.

jpespinoza is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I tried doing this, with no success...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.