Erroneous "prepare to turn" direction under navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Erroneous "prepare to turn" direction under navigation in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; While under navigation, sometimes the "prepare to turn" voice command is erroneous. The direction may say prepare to turn left, ...
    JerseyDevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question Erroneous "prepare to turn" direction under navigation

While under navigation, sometimes the "prepare to turn" voice command is erroneous. The direction may say prepare to turn left, when the actual turn direction is right. At the actual turn point the voice instruction is always in for the correct direction. Anyone else experience this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rgevis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    While under navigation, sometimes the "prepare to turn" voice command is erroneous. The direction may say prepare to turn left, when the actual turn direction is right. At the actual turn point the voice instruction is always in for the correct direction. Anyone else experience this?
    I thought I was hearing things last time I used the navigation, but have also heard this. The screen was correct, but left vs right was the audio info. Going to pay attention to see if this recurs. Also noticed that recently there seem to be some other odd Cue behaviors - screen was green vs showing backup camera and the fading away of the icons when hand not near the screen acting oddly (slower than normal). System probably needs a reboot.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Erroneous "prepare to turn" direction under navigation

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    Hello JerseyDevil,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the wrong audio cues from the navigation system when you were driving in your XTS. I would suggest taking your vehicle into a Cadillac dealership to look further into this concern. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me or email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like me to assist you in working with the dealership. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rgevis View Post
    I thought I was hearing things last time I used the navigation, but have also heard this. The screen was correct, but left vs right was the audio info. Going to pay attention to see if this recurs. Also noticed that recently there seem to be some other odd Cue behaviors - screen was green vs showing backup camera and the fading away of the icons when hand not near the screen acting oddly (slower than normal). System probably needs a reboot.
    Hello rgevis,

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your CUE as well. I would suggest taking your XTS into the Cadillac dealership so the service department can look into this as well. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com as well if you would like any assistance working with the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dbeyda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

You are hearing correctly. Mine does it too - all the time. From 2 miles out on highway it always says "Prepare to turn left" every time. Regardless if turn coming up is right or left. Drives me nuts.

JerseyDevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for your response. Good to know I'm not too crazy!

garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I thought I was just mis-hearing things. Yes, I have had mine do it was well. 2013 XTS Platinum

kubotagatorxts13 Guest
    I had the Cue update done on Oct 29th and have experienced the same problem. I have noticed the false turn left occurs when the distance to turn is between one quarter mile and 700 feet. Please post what the dealer advises when you contact them so all who are experiencing this problem will know what is going on.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Add me to this list. I noticed it only happened with the first turn of the list (or so it seemed). Luckily, at that point, I knew where I had to go each time this happened, and subsequent turn directions were correct. I haven't had any updates since the big one last spring (2013 Platinum, bought in Dec. of last year).

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello everyone,

I reached out to an internal resource of mine to make them aware that our customers were experiencing this concern with the directions with navigation system. My internal resource asked me to reach back out and gather some additional information if it was possible and send it back. Here is what they asked me to gather:
    “Are you able to provide any information as to the start location for these customers, what their destination was, and what particular maneuver was indicated incorrectly? As we have not seen this internally before, this information is critical so we can reproduce it and figure out what is going on here. Also knowing what software version the customers have would be important (MY13 + HUG update, MY14, etc.). Getting the part number from the Software Information screen would be particularly helpful if you have it.”

If you would like to private message me with this information if you have it, I would like to pass it along so we can start looking into this concern. If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thank you very much for your time, I hope to hear from you all soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.