Tire Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RMS
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tire Noise in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Not happy with the tire noise on my 2013 XTS AWD Platinum Series Cad, Currently have Goodyear 19" tires. Very ...
    RMS
    RMS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Tire Noise

Not happy with the tire noise on my 2013 XTS AWD Platinum Series Cad, Currently have Goodyear 19" tires. Very noisy my 2010 Buick La Cross had a better ride. A lot of noise as you are coming to a stop feels like car is stuck in low gear?
    r34220 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kennyxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 xtx

Re: Tire Noise

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    Not happy with the tire noise on my 2013 XTS AWD Platinum Series Cad, Currently have Goodyear 19" tires. Very noisy my 2010 Buick La Cross had a better ride. A lot of noise as you are coming to a stop feels like car is stuck in low gear?
    I know this is a little older thread, but I agree with you. I got our 2013 xts 2 weeks ago and the ride & quietness of our last 2 Buick Enclaves were better than our xts. We have the Goodyear tires also, I don't know if it's them or just not enough insulation in the car.
    I'm very disappointed.

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Probably because they have run flat tires. Run flats are always more noisier than regular non flat tires.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Not so! The Bridgestone summer run-flats on my ATS Premium are much quieter than the ones on the XTS Premium that I had as a loaner. My car is substantially quieter on the highway than the plusher XTS, which came as quite a surprise to me. The standard all-season Michelin run-flats that come on all other ATSs are also reasonably quiet, s it's just those damn Goodyears, I'm afraid.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    There have been other treads about tire noise and lots of complaints about the Goodyear RS-2A tires on the XTS. I have a 2014 luxury model with 19" wheels. We also have a 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance with 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot run flats. My experience is opposite to most others. The Goodyears are quiet and the Michelins are noisy,especially on concrete.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.