XTS Splash Guards
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Splash Guards in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; With the assistance of my truly excellent parts man, Chris at Tubman Chevrolet, I have worked diligently to find splash ...
    Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

XTS Splash Guards

With the assistance of my truly excellent parts man, Chris at Tubman Chevrolet, I have worked diligently to find splash guards for my Father's XTS Premium.

Splash guards are a funny thing for GM. Sometimes they offer them, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they list them for only one specific year when they will actually fit a series of years. Sometimes they list them as mud guards and not splash guards.

In my search I tested the splash guards GM has on offer for each of its super epsilon cars.

Lacrosse

19172528; and, 19172535.

Impala

22872956; 22872957; and, 23110566.

Malibu

20995548; and, 22864060.

None of these fit, or could be made to fit.

However in September I discovered a Chinese vendor, allcar12, on eBay offering XTS splash guards. I ordered a set and received them via DHL two weeks later.

What I received looks very similar in construction quality and casting to splash guards sold under GM part numbers. The only difference was a lack of a GM part number cast into the splash guards. Although, the hardware that they shipped with was inadequate and not of the quality used by GM. Similarly the instructions provided were inappropriate as they referenced a BMW 7 series. I discarded both.

I had the splash guards masked and painted in the 4/5 arrangement I've used since 2008 and set aside the time to install them today.

I'm pleased to report that they fit excellently.

For all intents and purposes these are GM splash guards. All the mounting holes matched up, with only the need to drill one hole through the fender lip for each front splash guard. I removed and reused the existing fasteners to attach the splash guards. For the additional hole drilled into the front fenders, I protected the hole from corrosion with 12371287 lubricant as specified in TSB 03-00-89-008 and used 11570637, the same T20 screw GM uses elsewhere in the XTS wheelhouse, to retain the top of the front splash guards. For the rears I also used one GM push pin type retainer up through the bottom of the splash guard into an existing hole at the bottom of the fender.

The overall look is completely factory and I am completely satisfied.

It was a cloudy day today, but here are a few images of the splash guards installed.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383879338.303304.jpgImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383879355.616267.jpgImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383879368.151020.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rmbrunswick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: XTS Splash Guards

They really look cool. Do they offer curb feelers?

mbforwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So....you went with allcar12 product from Ebay right? Did you paint them or have them prof. done? Think they look great!

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Re: XTS Splash Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Rmbrunswick View Post
    They really look cool. Do they offer curb feelers?
    Never searched for curb feelers. They went out of fashion up here in snow country just about the time the Beetles played Shea Stadium.

While I've never been there I'm guessing they're still derigeure for Floridians.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mbforwood View Post
    So....you went with allcar12 product from Ebay right? Did you paint them or have them prof. done? Think they look great!
    Yes, that's right. The splash guards came from allcar12 on eBay.

My Cadillac dealer masked and painted them in their body shop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.