XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone Just left the Caddy dealership were i bought my XTS mainly because i have known the manager who ...
    musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

Hi Everyone

Just left the Caddy dealership were i bought my XTS mainly because i have known the manager who runs the whole dealership for 20years..As a matter of fact he always has a Caddy as a Demo for his personal use and so far Ive driven the XTS VSPORT and the new CTS both great cars but i am afraid for the CTS his demo msrp was 64k hmmmmm i have my concerns..Anyway he began to tell me that they are stopping production of the XTS and that 2013 and 2014 models will be the only years of production for the XTS model to make way for a big flagship Cadillac with a V8 to rival the S-class and 7 series ...He even said its projected to cost between 80 to 100k ....Then he said they only made the XTS because they needed a larger model for the time being to fill in the gap...So a 2 year run for the highly touted flagship XTS anyone else feel weird/awkward about this??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Not surprised and it's been kind of common knowledge that the XTS was a stop gap to replace the DTS until a proper flagship was developed.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

Rule One: Never believe anything said by a salesman.

Rule Two: Never believe anything said by a dealership.

Conclusion: Go to Las Vegas and bid heavily on a 2015 XTS because it will happen.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    It's a nice car, but hardly a flagship. It looks too much like the Impala at first glance (and the Impala is better looking anyway IMHO). It's too small too, few cylinders, and not exclusive enough. I doubt GM ever meant to leave it as the top of the line Cadillac for long. The new CTS is going to be larger, closer in size to the XTS, and the "real" flagship will come later.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
    The XTS isn't going anywhere. I am thankful it is produced as my vsport is a welcome change to all the euro machines out on the hi way every other car. I am happy to go in the polar opposite direction, flagship or not.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I call BS

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I wonder what Cadillac plans to do with the demographic that wants a large, comfortable car, but doesn't want to spend $80,000-$100,000 for it? I'm all for the top end car, and hope it will be a knockout. However, it would seem to me that fewer people would buy those cars than the former DeVille/DTS/XTS crowd. Does that mean that group is forced down to a more sporty CTS, when they favor large cars? I guess time will tell. I'm betting they keep something in-between the CTS and the new flagship, just because of the numbers.

kubotagator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I hope all the decision makers who were in the old Cadillac management team are gone. Spending millions to develop a gas guzzling V 8 engine in a rear drive platform is economically ludicrous.

Exactly how much more power would one need than that produced by the new V6 Twin Turbo. With the idiots on the highways today, 55 MPH is a dangerous speed. I have never seen as much, blind spot driving, tail gating, and just out and out aggressive driving as I recently saw on a two day interstate trip. Where and how did so many idiots get drivers licenses?

I have driven vehicles with hemi's and cobra engines. The only difference I have found between a vehicle with a high torque V8 and one of the current 300 plus horsepower V6's is that I have to be attentive when driving in hilly terrain, not loaf down hill and then depend on engine horse power and torque to get the vehicle over the next hill.

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Tomko,

I live by those rules as well, We all know car salesman can be pretty slimy, But I can assure you he is just not any car salesmen, He has worked his way up the corp ladder and now runs as one of the mangers at Cadillac of Novi, That's in Michigan were they come in either first or second to number of Caddy's sold each year. I have known him for 20 years, He's a family friend and would never make something like that up, When he first told me i thought he was also joking around, Until brad who works in service walked up and confirmed what Kevin was saying, I then went to one of the other Managers and he confirmed the news, Kevin Sage is his name he is kool call him if you don't believe me Cadillac of Novi in Michigan..He has the inside scoop and swore to me that this is GM plan good bye XTS. I am pissed! I wonder what the next Gen would of looked like if this version is already such a a Beast...

----------

I wish it were B.S. I love the car its amazing a bit under powered for its size but its so bossy...I replied to Tomko below check it out..The news came from a friend of mine, I don't know if this is correct for me to do but if you have a moment and don't mind taking a few minutes you can speak with him, He is kool and has been with Cadillac his whole life, he always gets the scoop on things ...Kevin Sage Cadillac of Novi in Michihan..Just tell him Jeff with the black XTS mentioned the above ..that is if you wanted to call and have any questions or concerns answered ..

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

There is no way GM would let this car only have a 2 year life span after investing milllions on the name and design. Now maybe we may see a 4 or 5 year life span but no way will this car leave in 2 years even more so after they just brought out the new V-sport version. If anything I see the XTS moving over to the new Omega platform after a few years. Cadillac will still need a full size car in-between the CTS and the Flagship that is still in the 50K to 65K range. That's just my opinion but I do think GM may be getting ready to move the XTS to a new Omega platform which could happen maybe by 2016 or 17. I see it like this XTS with a 200 to 203 length with a 115 WB and flagship somewhere around 205 to 208 with a 120 WB. Again all just my opinions and what I think the future may hold for Cadillac. We shall see. Either way I have never been a fan of the XTS so I will be waiting like everyone else in terms of the new flagship.

dukdust is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Does not surprise me! It's common knowledge Cadillac is gunning for BMW. ATS = 3 series, CTS = 5 series, XTS = 7 series...don't think so. XTS was a stop gap car and I eagerly await a true 7 series fighter from Cadillac!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I'm friends with the owner of the local Cadillac dealership. He just got back from Detroit and was told by a few people from GM this car will be gone soon. As others have said this was always a stop-gap car to keep the people who wanted a larger Cadillac happy.

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

I guess we'll all have to wait and see when the time for the new 2015's come out, as to whether this is true or not. If it is true, then I can fully understand why GM went bankrupt. Investing tremendous amounts of time and money on a vehicle that has a short two year live span is nothing short of ridiculous.

Also, getting rid of a vehicle when they are finally starting to make the vehicle appeal to more people, by introducing the 2014 XTS V-Sport. I think this car will have a greater following if they give it some time. However, this is GM we are talking about, so they will most likely get rid of a perfectly good car.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

The XTS is not going away after two model years. The so called flagship will not be out until at least the 2017 model year.

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

I hope that they don't get rid of it, because it would fit in the level between the CTS and the new "flagship". The XTS is the only traditional Cadillac in the line-up that is based more on comfort than sport. I believe that to appeal to a wider demographic, they need to have this car remain permanently, rather than totally shunning the people who have been devout customers of the brand for years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.