XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14 - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 87 of 87
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by BEarle S Classes in Boston are a dime a dozen, I see 100 everyday (I'm exaggerating, probably ...
  1. #76
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    S Classes in Boston are a dime a dozen, I see 100 everyday (I'm exaggerating, probably at least 5-10) since the XTS came out I think I have seen 4 all together.

    Regarding the interior, the 2014 S is a whole different animal than the current 2007-2013 S. I'm not too crazy about the new S exterior, it looks too much like the E class and the 2014 C class. They all look the same small,medium and large but back to the XTS. Besides the fwd issue I think the XTS holds Its own with the current S class regarding looks,size and technology and I think it has way better interior than the current S. The V6 issue isn't a big deal because they have a V6 S and a 740 bmw.
    I'm not an S class fan boy by any means (never even have owned a Mercedes), just trying to be real and not be a Cadillac fan boy. Just because they are a dime a dozen doesn't change what they are, arguably the premier flagship and benchmark of all the luxury marques.

    As for the similarity of the interiors, I don't understand your point, the current Cadillacs are probably most guilty of looking the same from the ATS, to the new CTS to the XTS.

    FWD may hold it's own and I agree that the way most people drive these cars it really doesn't matter which wheels provide the propulsion but as we said before, it's all about perception and while it may not be important to you, among the automotive enthusiasts there is a preference for RWD over FWD and that ultimately hurts the XTS in a head to head and will make it hard for it to be perceived as a true competitor to the S Class, 7 Series or A8, regardless of your own preferences.

    Your comment that the V6 issue isn't a big deal.... to who? Sure the S Class has a V6, but you can also get a twin turbo V8 and while the majority of folks may "settle" for the V6, the Twin Turbo V8 is the halo or aspirational model. As for BMW, yes you are correct that the 740 is a six cylinder, but you can also get a V8 in the 750, and a V12 in the 760. This is why Cadillac is looking to build an ultra luxury model like the Elmiraj to compete against those cars.

    As for technology, while Cadillac's offerings are impressive, they are certainly not the same as Mercedes. Do a little research on Intelligent Drive and 360 view, along with night vision that is offered by Mercedes and Audi.

    As Malutu said, generalities and logical sounding conclusions are not facts.

    Listen, the CTS-V Wagon beat out a Ferrari California in a drag race on a Top Gear video review not long ago. The V (along with the ATS, CTS and XTS) also has Magnetic Ride Control like the Ferrari, does that mean my CTS-V is as good as a Ferrari? it might be a "logical conclusion" but it is so far from fact that it's ridiculous. Just because your car share similar features as an S Class doesn't make it as good as an S Class. I can hear Hyundai Genesis owners saying the same thing that their cars are "as good as a Cadillac".... Oh Wait.... the Hyundai Genesis is RWD.

    Like I said before, Acura has a similar issue in that their "flagships" are never perceived as true competitors to the likes of the S Class, 7 Series and A8. They argue that the lack of a V8 or a FWD platform shouldn't matter.... but the reality is it does and as a result cars like the RLX will never be considered a true flagship. The same goes for the XTS. Cadillac themselves have refused to call the XTS a flagship. Kudos for them for not trying to kid anyone.

    Doesn't mean they are bad cars and in many respects they may be the smarter and more logical purchase, but car purchases at this price level, are often times not driven by logic.

    Here is that link of the V vs Ferrari

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mov4R2ua1yA

    As for interiors...

    C-Class


    E-Class


    S-Class


    ATS


    CTS


    XTS


    After looking at those pictures I would argue that Cadillac is the one who is more guilty (is there such a thing of being more guilty?) of creating cookie cutter interiors than Mercedes.
    malatu likes this.

  2. #77
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    672
    I agree with you regarding Mercedes and Cadillacs having cookie cutter interiors. My argument was the exterior, in my eyes there's a huge different in looks between the 2014 CTS and XTS. The new 2014 C class is a spitting image of the S class but smaller.

    I do agree the S class in the benchmark in the automotive world. The point I'm making is that the XTS has almost as much technology as the S class and has sharp looks and is as big of a car as the S class. The difference is that you can have the XTS for 50% less which is a great buy.

    Off topic question, are you the one that bought the red CTS V from Norwood? If so, how do you like it so far?

  3. #78
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,785
    If Acura put out their V8 and RWD I would look.

    V6 FWD, snore.

  4. #79
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    I agree with you regarding Mercedes and Cadillacs having cookie cutter interiors. My argument was the exterior, in my eyes there's a huge different in looks between the 2014 CTS and XTS. The new 2014 C class is a spitting image of the S class but smaller. I do agree the S class in the benchmark in the automotive world. The point I'm making is that the XTS has almost as much technology as the S class and has sharp looks and is as big of a car as the S class. The difference is that you can have the XTS for 50% less which is a great buy. Off topic question, are you the one that bought the red CTS V from Norwood? If so, how do you like it so far?
    Me? If so, no it wasn't me. I have a Black Diamond V Coupe. I do love mine though... Incredible machine. As someone on the V forums said, the only thing it won't pass is a gas station, but I knew that going in and I don't care.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Koooop
    If Acura put out their V8 and RWD I would look. V6 FWD, snore.
    That then would be very un -Acuralike.

  5. #80
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

    Me? If so, no it wasn't me. I have a Black Diamond V Coupe. I do love mine though... Incredible machine. As someone on the V forums said, the only thing it won't pass is a gas station, but I knew that going in and I don't care.

    ----------



    That then would be very un -Acuralike.
    Yeah that's what I'm trying to pick up now. There's a lot of deals on them. I want the black diamond or white. I think they are seriously the best looking car on the road.

  6. #81
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

    Quote Originally Posted by malatu View Post
    Interesting article. Unfortunately, the data presented is grossly limited and really doesn't say much, if anything at all relative to what is Premium. It only list the top selling vehicle in the 25 most wealthiest zip codes per zip code! It does not aggregate the data to depict what were the top 25 cars sold in these zip codes. If it showed the top 5 cars sold in each zip the article might have a little more meaning for our discussion. You state, "it is a reasonable conclusion to premium buyers Cadillac is not near the fore of their thoughts." I'm not an expert but I do know a little bit about statistics and I must say, based on the limited amount of data presented in the article, it's impossible to make any logical conclusion what so ever, that folks in those zip codes didn't consider a Cadillac. Again, logical sounding rhetoric has nothing to do with facts. If I were to use your logic..... based on the data presented in the article and because Maserati, Porsche, Jaguar and Audi didn't crack the top 25, can we reasonably conclude that premium buyers never considered any of those cars?

    Yes, most people will know Premium when they see it, unfortunately for the purpose of defining Premium, Premium is in the eyes of the beholder.

    I wonder if we are the first to have a discussion of this nature about cars!
    I didn't say never, jag and Audi have a general history of being low volume alternative to the big brands, and it could also be a reasonable to conclude that boutique brands such as Porsche and Maserati rarely if ever place high in registrations by zip code the ratio of s-class to panamera is probably pretty wide

  7. #82
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    Yeah that's what I'm trying to pick up now. There's a lot of deals on them. I want the black diamond or white. I think they are seriously the best looking car on the road.
    Depending on how far you want to travel I found a Back Diamond in Maryland. Good price.

  8. #83
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63
    Depending on how far you want to travel I found a Back Diamond in Maryland. Good price.
    2013 Black Diamond - lists only a little more than what my 2012 listed for although my '12 had 9,800 miles.

    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

    White Diamond.


    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

  9. #84
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    672
    Could a local dealership have it shipped or no ? I never done that before.

  10. #85
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    Could a local dealership have it shipped or no ? I never done that before.
    yes shipping rates will vary depending on if the dealer is located on or near established shipping lanes or off the beaten path. here in SoCal shippers charge between $300 and $500 between dealers in SoCal Arizona and southern Nevada but it's $1200 to $1800 between Southern California to Northern California or Washington the variance is typically due to vehicle weight and as I said before how far off the major highways to deliver, closer to highways is cheaper because they will schedule multiple cars in a load, whereas they won't drag a bunch of cars into the sticks just for one person so they will drop off the easy deliveries then do your special trip and the dealer will generally make you pay for it but you may be able to get the dealer to absorb some of the cost or work it into your deal

  11. #86
    CBOYLE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium 2011 DTS Platinum
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    94

    Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

    error

  12. #87
    escaladefan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    62

    Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beauty DTS View Post
    I hope that they don't get rid of it, because it would fit in the level between the CTS and the new "flagship". The XTS is the only traditional Cadillac in the line-up that is based more on comfort than sport. I believe that to appeal to a wider demographic, they need to have this car remain permanently, rather than totally shunning the people who have been devout customers of the brand for years.
    I Hear you.
    Loveldos and r34220 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting