XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I will bet that the new Cadillac flagship will debut in 2015 possibly as a 2016 and it will be ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I will bet that the new Cadillac flagship will debut in 2015 possibly as a 2016 and it will be the all new rear wheel drive S class / 7 Series fighter that will still be called XTS !! There is NO way Cadillac will have ATS- CTS- XTS - ?TS. The matchup is set. And remember the original SRX ? They totally redid the car on a completely different platform but still called it SRX.

So, IMHO XTS will be the new flagship and will be stunning

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: XTS TO BE DISCONTINUED!! Production run 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    I will bet that the new Cadillac flagship will debut in 2015 possibly as a 2016
    That is basically what has already been said by heads of GM in the press and considering there has already been test mule sitings GM is farther along then some people think.
    I watched a video interview with my b.f. that had Ed Welburn in it where he even stated the Elmiraj was production ready even as a possible 4 door down to the smaller sized pillars which were actual engineering and production advancements for future vehicles that met all crash standards ect..

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

As long as the Xts continues sell it won't be discontinues.

It's a great product that meets the needs of many consumers.

Not every car Cadillac makes has to be European inspired. There is clearly a place for an American luxury sedan like the XTS.

Sale personnel at that dealership knows very little.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

I was once told by a wise man that car salesmen "sell" and developers "develop"; and when you loose sight of that fact.... you are in trouble!

musvlehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well said and usually the case but nothing is written in stone. I'm from Detroit were the decisions are handed down and my dealership is either number 1or2 in relation with vehicles sild each year, The salesman/manager/friend of mine for 20years is a stand up guy and personally knows a few executives who work downtown at the GM Corp building, They visit his dealership from time to time as well. He assured me that the decision has been made and a large V8 is around the corner. It kinda makes sense if there gunning for BMW 3 Series=ATS 5 series=CTS and 7 series=the new rear wheel drive V8..This must be done if Cadillac is to be taken seriously as well as respected if they want to compete in the global matket..Where the XTS stands is the question, I mean I want it to be a rumor I absolutely love the car. I guess time will tell and we will all just have to wait and see what happens.
    Attached Images

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)
    Quote Originally Posted by musvlehead View Post
    Well said and usually the case but nothing is written in stone. I'm from Detroit were the decisions are handed down and my dealership is either number 1or2 in relation with vehicles sild each year, The salesman/manager/friend of mine for 20years is a stand up guy and personally knows a few executives who work downtown at the GM Corp building, They visit his dealership from time to time as well. He assured me that the decision has been made and a large V8 is around the corner. It kinda makes sense if there gunning for BMW 3 Series=ATS 5 series=CTS and 7 series=the new rear wheel drive V8..This must be done if Cadillac is to be taken seriously as well as respected if they want to compete in the global matket..Where the XTS stands is the question, I mean I want it to be a rumor I absolutely love the car. I guess time will tell and we will all just have to wait and see what happens.
    Is that you're beast musvlehead?

Nice stealth look.

I now completely understand why you'd like to change those side-markers out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by musvlehead
    Car looks awesome! You have more pictures?

Twin Turbine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Hi Guys I work closely with GM. All I can say is the XTS will continue to be built. Stay Tuned!!

Thanks...I will take some more tomorrow and post stay tuned..

That's her tomko.. so you agree that a clear/white reflector would complete the theme..ughhhhhhhh.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    There will always be a place for uninspired, soulless automobiles.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I take it you like the XTS.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

GM's stated plans, and some rumors:

GM has said they're refocusing, they've also said the bankruptcy has enabled some new focus and direction change and remove some overlap such as shedding Saturn, Hummer, Pontiac, and Saab, and shrinking their dealer network, this was to keep dealers from eating each other (ie Saturn outlook/chevy traverse, and Pontiac solstice/Saturn sky) and to ensure the remaining dealers have a nicer slice of the pie....healthier dealer network = healthier GM.

GM has plans to focus their efforts globally, by making Chevy the everyman brand competing with ford, toyota ect, making Buick the near luxury brand competing with infinity, acura, etc, and making cadillac their top tier competing with the germans. as such GM had plans to convert Cadillac into a mercedes/bmw style company with rear wheel drive as a cornerstone, this was interupted by the bankruptcy which by the time was done put GM 18 months behind on developement. XTS was a platform they had in their hip pocket (basically a stetch lacrosse) and they needed a quick big car as a stopgap.....this is all from GM in various news outlets, and books from former executives and press releases.

here are the Rumors:

XTS on a front drive platform will have only one generation, but will probably live out a proper 5 to 6 year lifecycle to pay for itself, and Cadillac is resuming its conversion to RWD sedans

rumored big car to continue Cadillacs product alignment with mercedes/bmw rumored to be called LTS, but could be called anything at this point

so theres truth in what the OP was told by his friend but there's truth in what other posters have written in regards to 2 years being too short a lifecycle.

cadillac invested in XTS V-Sport and CTS and ATS in order to increase marketshare and are targeting 100,000 sedans sales next year.

another poster mentioned 'traditional' Cadillacs, by which one could assume meant the land yachts of the 60's, 70's, and 80's as the cadillac tradition of luxury, but i think Cadillac is reaching further back when joe the plumber drove a model-t; back then Cadillac was the boss even over Mercedes of the era, and in their evolution their paths forked and Cadillacs became more attainable from the super rich, to executive/doctor/lawyer class to every day professionals, but Mercedes remained at the top and Cadillac wants that top spot globally, and since we know how their cars have changed Cadillac has pivoted in that direction
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Attached Images

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    GM's stated plans, and some rumors:

GM has said they're refocusing, they've also said the bankruptcy has enabled some new focus and direction change and remove some overlap such as shedding Saturn, Hummer, Pontiac, and Saab, and shrinking their dealer network, this was to keep dealers from eating each other (ie Saturn outlook/chevy traverse, and Pontiac solstice/Saturn sky) and to ensure the remaining dealers have a nicer slice of the pie....healthier dealer network = healthier GM.

GM has plans to focus their efforts globally, by making Chevy the everyman brand competing with ford, toyota ect, making Buick the near luxury brand competing with infinity, acura, etc, and making cadillac their top tier competing with the germans. as such GM had plans to convert Cadillac into a mercedes/bmw style company with rear wheel drive as a cornerstone, this was interupted by the bankruptcy which by the time was done put GM 18 months behind on developement. XTS was a platform they had in their hip pocket (basically a stetch lacrosse) and they needed a quick big car as a stopgap.....this is all from GM in various news outlets, and books from former executives and press releases.

here are the Rumors:

XTS on a front drive platform will have only one generation, but will probably live out a proper 5 to 6 year lifecycle to pay for itself, and Cadillac is resuming its conversion to RWD sedans

rumored big car to continue Cadillacs product alignment with mercedes/bmw rumored to be called LTS, but could be called anything at this point

so theres truth in what the OP was told by his friend but there's truth in what other posters have written in regards to 2 years being too short a lifecycle.

cadillac invested in XTS V-Sport and CTS and ATS in order to increase marketshare and are targeting 100,000 sedans sales next year.

another poster mentioned 'traditional' Cadillacs, by which one could assume meant the land yachts of the 60's, 70's, and 80's as the cadillac tradition of luxury, but i think Cadillac is reaching further back when joe the plumber drove a model-t; back then Cadillac was the boss even over Mercedes of the era, and in their evolution their paths forked and Cadillacs became more attainable from the super rich, to executive/doctor/lawyer class to every day professionals, but Mercedes remained at the top and Cadillac wants that top spot globally, and since we know how their cars have changed Cadillac has pivoted in that direction

Very interesting read. For my own selfish reasons, I think it would be a mistake to try to transform the Cadillac into an elite upper-end vehicle competing with the likes of Mercedes Benz (you didn't write those words, but that's how I interpreted it). You went back to the 1920's to make a point. I'd like to do the same. General Motors created a stripped down Cadillac called the LaSalle to fill a niche. They were made on the same production line as Cadillacs and were sold in Cadillac dealerships. Sometimes history repeats itself.

Times have greatly changed since then, but it's interesting to compare situations.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.