XTS Speaker Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Speaker Issue in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently bought a 2013 XTS platinum. I am having a problem with the quality of the sound. It sounds ...
    markt987 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS platinum

XTS Speaker Issue

I recently bought a 2013 XTS platinum. I am having a problem with the quality of the sound. It sounds like a speaker is blown, but I cannot isolate the problem. I took the car to the dealer, but the service person said that this is a known problem and it cannot be fixed. I find it hard to believe that Bose designed speakers with a serious flaw. I read other posts, but did not see a solution to the problem. I really enjoy the car, but this is a real problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: XTS Speaker Issue

Quote Originally Posted by markt987 View Post
    I recently bought a 2013 XTS platinum. I am having a problem with the quality of the sound. It sounds like a speaker is blown, but I cannot isolate the problem. I took the car to the dealer, but the service person said that this is a known problem and it cannot be fixed. I find it hard to believe that Bose designed speakers with a serious flaw. I read other posts, but did not see a solution to the problem. I really enjoy the car, but this is a real problem.
    Hello markt987,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your new XTS’ speakers. I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you. Could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach me at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” so it gets delivered straight to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markt987
    My right rear speaker crackled and distorted voices on baseball play-by-play. Only voices, not music ... and the only time I noticed it was on baseball broadcasts. Odd. Maybe something about the broadcasters' sound board or their network transmission settings. Dunno.

But my dealer installed a new speaker, and the problem is gone.

Of course, baseball season is over ...

kubotagator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markt987

The 2013 Cadillac XTS has experienced problems with the speakers in the backs of the front seat on each side of the head rest. Several have posted about the problem on this forum.

My Dealer replaced the speakers in mine on October 29th, 2013 to correct a cracking/squelch sounding problem. Sound system works great now. In my opinion you need to tell the Service person to check with Cadillac about all the speakers and holding brackets that have been replaced.

markt987 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS platinum

Thank you!

Travlcub is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ive been told the amp needs to be reprogrammed.... but no date was given.

Ryukhan44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Luxry

I just recently purchased an XTS and thoroughly enjoying it except one possible slight reason why it was pre-owned. The rear deck cover above the sub vibrates causing a distorted sound when the bass is hitting well and hard for which I know BOSE systems can handle. Any advice would be helpful. I did ponder Dynamat which I do have, but I don't think it would stop the deck from rising up and down.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

ryukhan44 I had that issue and mine was brand new. They had to tighten it up when I took it in for some other issues. But I just think with certain high bass songs you will hear the distortion. I just turned down my bass to a notch less then even

Ryukhan44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Luxry

Well, I'm going to venture with the Dynamat over the weekend to see if it works. Stay tuned...

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

No problems with my speakers on my Platinum.

Brooklyn_Juice is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT

I am having this issue as well. I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS, and it seems to be an issue of diminished overall quality. I just checked every speaker in the car. and they all seem to be engaged. I will be going to the dealer immediately, and if they cannot solve the issue, than they will change every speaker in the car. I noticed a more pronounced rattling around the rear deck and along with this issue almost simultaneously. If your vehicle is under warranty which it should be, and they are telling you that this situation cannot be fixed, I would advise you to let them know that in the business that they are in, there is no issue that is unfixable. And either they handle the issue or corporate handles the issue. I'm just saying!

jeiler9865 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac technician
    Have the dealer check this bulletin

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...DA28DB1ED5.jpg

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn_Juice View Post
    I am having this issue as well. I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS, and it seems to be an issue of diminished overall quality. I just checked every speaker in the car. and they all seem to be engaged. I will be going to the dealer immediately, and if they cannot solve the issue, than they will change every speaker in the car. I noticed a more pronounced rattling around the rear deck and along with this issue almost simultaneously. If your vehicle is under warranty which it should be, and they are telling you that this situation cannot be fixed, I would advise you to let them know that in the business that they are in, there is no issue that is unfixable. And either they handle the issue or corporate handles the issue. I'm just saying!
    Hi Brooklyn_Juice,

I know a speaker issue like this can be frustrating and I apologize that it has occurred in your XTS. Were you able to head in to the dealership since this post? If so, were they able to resolve the issue? If you have any lingering questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.