So far so good!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, So far so good! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just finished my first long trip in my 2013 XTS. I bought the car at the end of the ...
    JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

So far so good!

I just finished my first long trip in my 2013 XTS. I bought the car at the end of the summer so this was my first 3500 mile trip. The car is beautiful. The few complaints I have are the tires have more road noise than I like. On anything other than new blacktop they hum pretty loud. The Nav system works great when you understand how it thinks. Same with the voice commands. I would like the Nav to show elevation along with long. and lat. when on the vehicle position page just for pure interest. The CUE works like a table computer so any page you are on just start touching areas with your finger and see what comes up. I learned a lot that way while driving for hours on the thruway. If I leave the car unlocked, say in my driveway, it would be nice if the storage bin in the center stack would not open unless you have the key fob. Also, I would like the lighter to be eliminated in the slide open compartment in the center stack to give me a little more room for throwing quick little things in, like change. Oh ya, I still can't figure out how to look at the cabin air filter in the glove compartment. The manual says to remove one screw and pull it out but it doesn't work that way. Other than these little things I'm happy so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    I just finished my first long trip in my 2013 XTS. I bought the car at the end of the summer so this was my first 3500 mile trip. The car is beautiful. The few complaints I have are the tires have more road noise than I like. On anything other than new blacktop they hum pretty loud. The Nav system works great when you understand how it thinks. Same with the voice commands. I would like the Nav to show elevation along with long. and lat. when on the vehicle position page just for pure interest. The CUE works like a table computer so any page you are on just start touching areas with your finger and see what comes up. I learned a lot that way while driving for hours on the thruway. If I leave the car unlocked, say in my driveway, it would be nice if the storage bin in the center stack would not open unless you have the key fob. Also, I would like the lighter to be eliminated in the slide open compartment in the center stack to give me a little more room for throwing quick little things in, like change. Oh ya, I still can't figure out how to look at the cabin air filter in the glove compartment. The manual says to remove one screw and pull it out but it doesn't work that way. Other than these little things I'm happy so far.
    Hello JoeGrapes,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your '13 XTS so far! I hope you enjoyed your trip and driving your vehicle. We appreciate customer feedback and I have documented your comments into our system. I apologize you are unsatisfied with a few things but am glad you are happy overall. If any questions or concerns arise, please contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

I have my premium fwd under two months. I haven't taken it yet on a long road trip but hope to before winter sets in. So far I love it. It rides great, pick up is very good, and it is very comfortable. My wife and kids love it also. I have found the CUE system to work fine. My salesman said that were quite a few updates this past year. I find it very easy to use. I read the review from Consumer Reports magazine and I think their critique of the ride quality and other issues they have are totally not true. This is a great riding car. It also handles the road where you feel safe and confident in the cars ability to navigate rough roads and less than ideal weather conditions. I will see how it does after the first good snow. I'm sure with the front wheel drive I will be getting around with no problems.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Hey slightyserious, we must be the only two people on the forum that love the XTS,lol. I also live in NYS and I have the luxury XTS4 so I'm looking forward to this winter to see how the all wheel drive works. My last car was an 07 Hemi Charger. The XTS is a little short on power compared to that car but it's fine for every day driving. Surprisingly the mpg on the XTS in both city and highway driving is only about 1.5 mpg better than the Charger. The XTS handles better because of the shorter wheel base and the interior is way better. Nobody make a bad car anymore. It's just personal preference as to styling and features. It seems that all the car mags dislike American cars. I'm not that brand loyal but I always felt that if I we head of any American car manufacture the first thing I would do is call in all the testers form those mags and show them the prototype car, let them test it out and tell me what the problems are. I would do evey thing I could to fix any criticisms within the price range I'm shooting for. Then when the car comes out and they complain I'd say hey, I gave you what you wanted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.