2013 XTS Cue System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 XTS Cue System in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We recently brought home our new 2013 Platinum XTS. I am currently going through a learning process of CUE and ...
    Milt Laughlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2013 XTS Cue System

We recently brought home our new 2013 Platinum XTS. I am currently going through a learning process of CUE and all it's functions. I am having a problem with navigation voice when requesting items located in contacts. I have 4 programmed contact locations and voice does not seem to recognize the name. I also was wondering if my software version 23150273 is the latest version. If not I will contact our dealer for assistance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Milt Laughlin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 XTS Cue System

Quote Originally Posted by Milt Laughlin View Post
    We recently brought home our new 2013 Platinum XTS. I am currently going through a learning process of CUE and all it's functions. I am having a problem with navigation voice when requesting items located in contacts. I have 4 programmed contact locations and voice does not seem to recognize the name. I also was wondering if my software version 23150273 is the latest version. If not I will contact our dealer for assistance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Milt Laughlin
    Hello Milt,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of your 2013 XTS! I apologize that you are having trouble with your CUE system. I would suggest reaching out to the CUE infotainment team about this concern. If you would like to reach out to them, they are open 8AM – 10PM EST, seven days a weeks and their number is 855-428-3669. I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Milt Laughlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Gregory, thanks so much for the information. Will contact later this week and hopefully will get som assistance.

Regards,
    Milt

Quote Originally Posted by Milt Laughlin View Post
    Gregory, thanks so much for the information. Will contact later this week and hopefully will get som assistance.

Regards,
    Milt
    Hello Milt,

You are very welcome! I hope they are able to assist you with the navigation in the CUE system. Please be sure to keep us updated after you speak to them. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjm2013xts Guest
    I've had a recurring problem with the CUE system shutting down, similar to a reboot. It has only occurred when using navigation, and only after about two hours of use. Once it reboots the first time it does it again randomly. Last week on a five hour drive, it did it four or five times. I've had it into the dealer and they replaced what they called a module and did a software update about a month ago with no change. I have it scheduled for another try November 11. I called the CUE Support Helpline this evening and a helpful lady named Joy took my Vin information and opened a case. They were going to contact my dealer in advance of the appointment to see if they could help. In the meantime, she advised me to try a "hard reset" by turning off the engine and leaving the drivers door open for twenty minutes or more. The problem is I won't know if that worked until my next two hour plus trip.

If I find anything else out I'll post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm2013xts View Post
    I've had a recurring problem with the CUE system shutting down, similar to a reboot. It has only occurred when using navigation, and only after about two hours of use. Once it reboots the first time it does it again randomly. Last week on a five hour drive, it did it four or five times. I've had it into the dealer and they replaced what they called a module and did a software update about a month ago with no change. I have it scheduled for another try November 11. I called the CUE Support Helpline this evening and a helpful lady named Joy took my Vin information and opened a case. They were going to contact my dealer in advance of the appointment to see if they could help. In the meantime, she advised me to try a "hard reset" by turning off the engine and leaving the drivers door open for twenty minutes or more. The problem is I won't know if that worked until my next two hour plus trip.

If I find anything else out I'll post an update.
    Hello mjm2013xts,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your CUE system as well. I am glad to hear that you were able to reach out to the CUE Infotainment team and Joy was able to assist you. Please continue to keep us updated with your experience and let Laura or I know if there is anything we can look into for you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

DocDye is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm also having issues with the CUE navigation system in my XTS Platinum V-Sport. It does not predict the proper arrival time to destination being more than an hour off at trips beginning. I frequently take the same trip of about 154 miles to see a customer and every trip is way off even though it knows the exact mileage to the destination. It corrects but very slowly and only when you get close does it get it right. I am very displeased with the entire NAV system to cost so much and not offer any of the features of a $100 Garmin. What do,you say about this Cadillac? Is there a tech bulletin out on this issue?

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Doc, don't suppose the time differences aren't as simple as the system calculating the speed limit rather than the speed you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by DocDye View Post
    I'm also having issues with the CUE navigation system in my XTS Platinum V-Sport. It does not predict the proper arrival time to destination being more than an hour off at trips beginning. I frequently take the same trip of about 154 miles to see a customer and every trip is way off even though it knows the exact mileage to the destination. It corrects but very slowly and only when you get close does it get it right. I am very displeased with the entire NAV system to cost so much and not offer any of the features of a $100 Garmin. What do,you say about this Cadillac? Is there a tech bulletin out on this issue?
    Hello DocDye,

I am very sorry to hear that you are displeased with your Navigation system in your XTS and I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue where it seems as though the trip calculation is way off. Does the system do this on every trip, or just when you are taking a long trip? Have you brought up this concern to your dealership’s service department yet? I would be more than happy to research your VIN to see if there are any recalls or service announcements related to your vehicle. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” so the email gets delivered straight to me. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, and mileage. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.