Dash lights stay on
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Dash lights stay on in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just got 2013 xts. Lights surrounding the Cue screen like Hazard light, glove box, etc- 5 of them remain on ...
    Db1111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Xts

Dash lights stay on

Just got 2013 xts. Lights surrounding the Cue screen like Hazard light, glove box, etc- 5 of them remain on after the engine is turned off. Finally go off after 10 minutes. Anybody have this happen? Solution to the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Dash lights stay on

Quote Originally Posted by Db1111 View Post
    Just got 2013 xts. Lights surrounding the Cue screen like Hazard light, glove box, etc- 5 of them remain on after the engine is turned off. Finally go off after 10 minutes. Anybody have this happen? Solution to the problem?
    Hello Db1111,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! We are happy to have you part of the community. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2013 XTS. I hope you are enjoying your ride so far. I understand how the lights remaining on for minutes after the engine turned off is a concern for you. If you would like me to look into this for you, please contact me via private message and include your contact information, VIN and the name of your dealer.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

eagle727fl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Luxury

I took delivery just 2 weeks ago on my 2014 XTS and experience the same issue. When parking in public lot at night - these lights bring un-wanted and unneeded attention to the XTS interior. Spoke with the Service Department and they had not received any other reports of this issue. The Service Department went to some new XTS's that had just been delivered to the dealership and those XTS's also had the same issue. The Service Department were not yet aware of any solutions as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle727fl View Post
    I took delivery just 2 weeks ago on my 2014 XTS and experience the same issue. When parking in public lot at night - these lights bring un-wanted and unneeded attention to the XTS interior. Spoke with the Service Department and they had not received any other reports of this issue. The Service Department went to some new XTS's that had just been delivered to the dealership and those XTS's also had the same issue. The Service Department were not yet aware of any solutions as yet.
    Hello eagle727fl,

Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2014 XTS! I see you have already discussed your light concern with your dealer. I apologize they stated there is no solution for this yet. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location. I would like to further discuss this with you and document this concern in our system which can accessed by multiple departments within General Motors.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

I have a 13 XTS, build date Sept 12. I don't think most folks paid attention to this condition because in order to really see this, your surroundings have to be quite dark. And, if you're standing outside the car, take a good look at the exterior door handles. The horizontal light strip inserts are barely glowing as if there is some low wattage stray current flowing. The glow is like the fluorescent hands on an old watch. You're correct, everything goes off after 10 minutes. However,
    in bright daylight this condition is barely noticeable.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I took delivery of my 2014 XTS luxury about three weeks ago. Earlier this week, I noticed the same problem. I don't recall this being the case since the beginning. I noticed it once the temperature dropped below 30

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I have had my 2013 XTS Platinum for 7 months its done that from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by 330GT View Post
    I have a 13 XTS, build date Sept 12. I don't think most folks paid attention to this condition because in order to really see this, your surroundings have to be quite dark. And, if you're standing outside the car, take a good look at the exterior door handles. The horizontal light strip inserts are barely glowing as if there is some low wattage stray current flowing. The glow is like the fluorescent hands on an old watch. You're correct, everything goes off after 10 minutes. However,
    in bright daylight this condition is barely noticeable.
    Hello 330GT,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this concern as well. Please let me know if you plan on taking your vehicle into the dealership regarding this concern. Thank you very much for posting your experience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thegabbycat View Post
    I took delivery of my 2014 XTS luxury about three weeks ago. Earlier this week, I noticed the same problem. I don't recall this being the case since the beginning. I noticed it once the temperature dropped below 30
    Hello thegabbycat,

I apologize that you have noticed this concern after the temperature has dropped below 30. Are you planning on having the vehicle taken to your dealership so they could look into this concern further?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by r34220 View Post
    I have had my 2013 XTS Platinum for 7 months its done that from day one.
    Hello r34220,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this on your XTS since taking delivery of your vehicle. Have you had the chance to have a service department look into this? I have documented the concerns in this thread and forwarded to the correct group in our organization. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you would like to further discuss this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.