XTS issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS issues in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just curious if anyone has had any recurring issues with their XTS? I purchased the luxury version on 12/1/2012 and ...
    jpespinoza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XTS issues

Just curious if anyone has had any recurring issues with their XTS? I purchased the luxury version on 12/1/2012 and I've had to replace my CUE system twice and I've had two instances where the battery has died on me. It's a bit frustrating especially when I haven't had it for a full year. The first time my battery died I had to have roadside assistance come and jump start it. I did take it to the dealership so I was surprised that I had the issue again this weekend. It's a bit embarrassing considering the vehicle is new and I have to get a 'boost' to crank it up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: XTS issues

Battery on mine needed to be replaced.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jpespinoza View Post
    Just curious if anyone has had any recurring issues with their XTS? I purchased the luxury version on 12/1/2012 and I've had to replace my CUE system twice and I've had two instances where the battery has died on me. It's a bit frustrating especially when I haven't had it for a full year. The first time my battery died I had to have roadside assistance come and jump start it. I did take it to the dealership so I was surprised that I had the issue again this weekend. It's a bit embarrassing considering the vehicle is new and I have to get a 'boost' to crank it up.
    Hello jpespinoza,

I am sorry you have experienced multiple issues the past year of ownership with your XTS. I would like to document your concerns and further discuss any current issues you are having. Please private message us and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Interesting. I replaced 4 Delco batteries in my STS since I bought it in '97. My current battery is a Walmart modle ND IS GOING STRONG.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

I have had SilverFox (Platinum) for slightly more than a year. Other than the early software and CUE issues, I have had no recurring problems. The car has been a real joy to drive and own. It is still quite the head turner and garners complements frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    I have had SilverFox (Platinum) for slightly more than a year. Other than the early software and CUE issues, I have had no recurring problems. The car has been a real joy to drive and own. It is still quite the head turner and garners complements frequently.
    I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your CUE system, kipsts. If you would like to discuss any current concerns with us, please contact us via private message. We are here to help! Besides your early software and CUE issues, I am glad you have been enjoying your ride so far. Continue to have fun with your XTS!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your CUE system, kipsts. If you would like to discuss any current concerns with us, please contact us via private message. We are here to help! Besides your early software and CUE issues, I am glad you have been enjoying your ride so far. Continue to have fun with your XTS!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Laura. I think you miss read my post. I am having no problems with SilverFox, the CUE and software issues are right after picking her up nearly a year ago when mine and other XTS had similar issues. The car is great. No problems, concerns or issues as I have noted in my other posts throughout this forum.

Thanks Laura. I think you miss read my post. I am having no problems with SilverFox, the CUE and software issues are right after picking her up nearly a year ago when mine and other XTS had similar issues. The car is great. No problems, concerns or issues as I have noted in my other posts throughout this forum.
    Hello kipsts,

Thanks for letting me know. I am sorry if I misunderstood your post. After reading it again, I understand you were speaking of its previous issues when you first owned the vehicle. I am glad everything is currently working great for you!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello kipsts,

Thanks for letting me know. I am sorry if I misunderstood your post. After reading it again, I understand you were speaking of its previous issues when you first owned the vehicle. I am glad everything is currently working great for you!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    No problems Laura. We really appreciate you willingness to help resolve issues discussed here on the forum.

No problems Laura. We really appreciate you willingness to help resolve issues discussed here on the forum.
    Thank you, kipsts. I really appreciate it! Gregory and I are here to assist the best we can.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Did you mean 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
    Interesting. I replaced 4 Delco batteries in my STS since I bought it in '97. My current battery is a Walmart modle ND IS GOING STRONG.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Why not discusse it here in the forums. Isn't that what there for?
    Lizbill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    Why not discusse it here in the forums. Isn't that what there for?
    What are you referring to?

JDZ25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have had my 2013 XTS Premium for a little over a month now. I have noticed 2 issues that I was wondering if some of another forum members have experienced and/or remedied:

(1) I have a slight rattle coming from either my glove box or front passenger door.
    (2) When I shut my XTS off, but remain in the car, after a few minutes I hear a loud buzzing noise from the speakers. It is a a short burst of static.

Other than those 2 issues, I have been happy with the car and have received a lot of positive feedback about it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ25 View Post
    I have had my 2013 XTS Premium for a little over a month now. I have noticed 2 issues that I was wondering if some of another forum members have experienced and/or remedied:

(1) I have a slight rattle coming from either my glove box or front passenger door.
    (2) When I shut my XTS off, but remain in the car, after a few minutes I hear a loud buzzing noise from the speakers. It is a a short burst of static.

Other than those 2 issues, I have been happy with the car and have received a lot of positive feedback about it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    Hello JDZ25,

I am glad you have been enjoying your XTS ownership experience so far. I understand you want to resolve your current vehicle concerns and hear from forum members for a possible fix. If you are willing to bring your vehicle into your local dealer, please let me know. I would like to assist during that process. Contact me via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.