Heated / Ventilated seats do not stay on
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Heated / Ventilated seats do not stay on in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When I press the driver's side seat heat or ventilate buttons, the three LEDs come on and then turn off ...
    Team BoMart is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Heated / Ventilated seats do not stay on

When I press the driver's side seat heat or ventilate buttons, the three LEDs come on and then turn off after about there or seconds. I tried with the heat and cool settings set for auto on when remote starting as well as auto on disabled. Same results. The car was on and started when I tried to turn on the options.

I did try pushing the button and then doing nothing for an extended period (10 - 15 minutes). The three LEDs did turn off after three or four seconds but the seat did not heat.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Heated / Ventilated seats do not stay on

Sounds like an issue with your vehicle. I suggest a trip to the dealer....

Since there is no action on this post, except your response of course, I expect your advice is best. I plan on going for a visit in the next week or two. Will post results here when the problem is resolved. Thanks!

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

SilverFox (Platinum) has not experienced that in the slightly more than 1 year that I have owned her. The heat has always worked very well on both seats but the air "cooling" has never worked to my satisfaction. There has been discussion about the poor performance of the cooling function elsewhere on this forum. Today I was over at my Chevy dealer finalizing the paperwork for a Museum delivery of my new Corvette and had a chance to take a C7 out for a drive. I was curious about the seat cooling and found that within about 3 seconds of putting it on, you felt it significantly cooling the seat. A totally different experience from the XTS. Perhaps someone from XTS engineering should wander over to Corvette engineering and see how they do it.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.