Rear suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Rear suspension in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My XTS flashed a "check rear suspension , check auto leveling " than my car proceeded to drop to the ...
    Ismail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Rear suspension

My XTS flashed a "check rear suspension , check auto leveling " than my car proceeded to drop to the ground in the rear. I pulled over turned the car off, waited a while restarted it and it was still sitting on the ground. I called Cadillac service center to get a wrecker and they gave me 3 hour pick- up time, so I waited one hour and restarted my car. Low and behold my rear air pump came on and my suspension came up to normal. Can anybody tell me what the hell caused that!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rear suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail View Post
    My XTS flashed a "check rear suspension , check auto leveling " than my car proceeded to drop to the ground in the rear. I pulled over turned the car off, waited a while restarted it and it was still sitting on the ground. I called Cadillac service center to get a wrecker and they gave me 3 hour pick- up time, so I waited one hour and restarted my car. Low and behold my rear air pump came on and my suspension came up to normal. Can anybody tell me what the hell caused that!!!
    Hello Ismail,

I am sorry you experienced a rear suspension issue with your XTS. If you notice this issue occur again, please let us know so we can assist with getting you into a nearby dealer. We can be contacted via private message. Gregory and I are here to assist and can help answer additional questions or concerns as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail View Post
    I still have the very same problem and it was brought up last April during the software updates and other issues. The response I got was " CUSTOMER CONCERN NOT DUPLICATED, NO CODES OR MESSAGES, AIR SHOCKS WORKING TO FACTORY SPECS". How can a random condition be duplicated???

This problem pops up at random and you are correct in that if you shut the engine off for a while, the suspension will come up to normal height BUT that doesn't solve the problem. Who knows when it'll happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by 330GT View Post
    I still have the very same problem and it was brought up last April during the software updates and other issues. The response I got was " CUSTOMER CONCERN NOT DUPLICATED, NO CODES OR MESSAGES, AIR SHOCKS WORKING TO FACTORY SPECS". How can a random condition be duplicated???

This problem pops up at random and you are correct in that if you shut the engine off for a while, the suspension will come up to normal height BUT that doesn't solve the problem. Who knows when it'll happen again?
    Hello 330GT,

I am sorry to hear that the dealership wasn’t able to duplicate your concern. Have you experienced this concern multiple times? I would like to look into this situation further. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you were working with? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Hello Gregory,

I haven't been able to reach you by PM because I keep on getting the following message "Cadillac Cust Svc has chosen to not receive private messages".
    Let me know how to reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by 330GT View Post
    Hello Gregory,

I haven't been able to reach you by PM because I keep on getting the following message "Cadillac Cust Svc has chosen to not receive private messages".
    Let me know how to reach you.
    Hello 330GT,

I am sorry there is trouble with the private messaging system. If you have access to email, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com and write "ATTN GREGORY" in the headline so we can make sure it's sent to him.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rear suspension issues again !!!!! This time they found a broken module !!! Problem. Is they can't get the ride height right ,first it was two low and leaning to the right like a low rider. It looked like the suspension or air shock on the right was not working right!! Now it looks like a funny car going down the road!!! Really jacked up in the rear!!! What the hell is going on!!!

image-1947525831.jpg
    Attached Images

New development on old problem. Car looks like a funny car dragster going down the road. Ride height in rear so high you can see all the suspension parts underneath and my dealership says it's within specs.. Also with this elevated height I feel all the bumps in every road I go down. Can I just give the car back. Try something different?

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    That's pretty crazy that they can't get that right.

Check out these pics
    Attached Images

These where taken with the car not running. The rear end goes up another 6-8 inches with the car running!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.