Anybody drive the XTS Vsport yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By keepupp
  • 1 Post By ipncjh1
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Anybody drive the XTS Vsport yet? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was getting some nitrogen in my Vouges at Temecula Paradise Cadillac and the service tech said they had a ...
    GREEN DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS LUXURY 3 2006 LIGHT GREEN

Anybody drive the XTS Vsport yet?

I was getting some nitrogen in my Vouges at Temecula Paradise Cadillac and the service tech said they had a 2014 XTS Vsport in for a short time a week ago. He may have been wrong. I am debating whether to keep my DTS and get the 400 HP Northstar from the Washington state tuner or buy the new XTS V-6 Turbo.
    Mark
    Martini olive green DTS that cut you off

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlackPlatinumV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Picked one up a week and a half ago and drove it from Michigan to Colorado. Respectable, smooth, quiet power...premium fuel required, no turbo lag. Decent mileage considering...it's no LS-7 but it's very appropriate for a (in my mind) large and heavy luxury sedan. Performs and handles like a car half it's size and weight...the biggest trouble has been keeping the speed down...it's easy to feel like you're going 50 when you are going 80 (thank heavens for that adaptive cruise and HUD).

-S

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPlatinumV View Post
    Picked one up a week and a half ago and drove it from Michigan to Colorado. Respectable, smooth, quiet power...premium fuel required, no turbo lag. Decent mileage considering...it's no LS-7 but it's very appropriate for a (in my mind) large and heavy luxury sedan. Performs and handles like a car half it's size and weight...the biggest trouble has been keeping the speed down...it's easy to feel like you're going 50 when you are going 80 (thank heavens for that adaptive cruise and HUD).

-S
    Ditto all the positives.

We've had our Vsport for almost a month. Surprisingly good initial gas mileage for 1350 miles, and quick, unobtrusive acceleration to HP ticket territory with no turbo lag.

What a car!

And Hendrick Cadillac in Kansas City, MO, is outstanding!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: Anybody drive the XTS Vsport yet?

The XTS Vsport is a great car. I've driven two and I thought they were both great cars. The first one I drove had a decent amount of torque steer when flooring it from 45+ MPH but the newest one I drove didn't have nearly as much.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Picked up my Vsport last Saturday. So far totally enjoying it. I posted pics above. Traded in my 13 XTS4 that I had for one year. I agree on comments so far: its refined, powerful, little to no lag, the 20 inch wheels and tires work well with the magnetic ride control (not harsh). I haven't had it on any long trips yet. Had the windows tinted this week.

keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

Put about 1000 miles on my black raven/black V-Sport. Traded in 2011 CTSV Black Diamond edition and miss the torque but love the amenities and comfort of the V-Sport. Had the windows tinted and clear bra applied to the front end. Had the black wheels on the CtSV and like the menacing look so having the stock 20's powder coated black. Really like the car and the kids have legroom!
    BreakThrough likes this.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    I was extremely tempted to when I had my cts in for service. They had a black on black premium in the showroom for 66k and it had everything I would want. I bought my 2012 cts fully loaded and sticker was 53, new 2014 similarly equipped is over70 and I didn't even look at cts vsport. So xts is the more affordable option. Just wild be a bigger car. Gotta play with the numbers and I might end up back there

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Question Re: Anybody drive the XTS Vsport yet?

I might drive a Platinum V-sport this afternoon. What mileage can I expect?

keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

After 1000 miles avg has been 20 MPG

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
    It's tough to keep my foot out of it. Driving in sport mode definitely firms up the shifting etc. Only have about 400 miles on it so far, will report mpg after I accumulate more miles.

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

I drove a V-sport Platinum at my dealer yesterday. I quite like it. The only thing that I noticed in comparison with my current Audi, is that I could feel the transmission shifting at certain times. The electronic displays are a bit overwhelming, also the controls on the steering wheel are confusing.

ipncjh1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

Just added a 2014 xts vsport to the stable. Platinum twin turbo. White diamond. Only 200 miles but so far it is fast rides great and did I say fast! Will post some pictures soon. Love it.
    BreakThrough likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.