Chirping noise on XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Chirping noise on XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone experienced a rattling or chirping noise coming from inside their XTS? I can't seem to find the cause. ...
    jpespinoza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chirping noise on XTS

Has anyone experienced a rattling or chirping noise coming from inside their XTS?

I can't seem to find the cause.
    It is usually when the car is moving and it's annoying!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Chirping noise on XTS

Let's move specific car problem questions from the Lounge to the proper XTS forum.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Try pushing up on the sunroof while driving. Also check that the rear back seat that folds down is latched on both sides.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jpespinoza View Post
    Has anyone experienced a rattling or chirping noise coming from inside their XTS?

Hello jpespinoza,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this noise from the inside of your XTS when you are driving in the vehicle. Have you brought this concern up to your dealership’s service department? I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment to have this looked into. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com if you would like to further discuss this concern. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line of the email so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

If it happens specifically when you are on a rough road, I'd bet it is the active noise canceling not being able to keep up with the noise in the cabin. If it seems to be coming from driver-left, that might be it. I have that happen from time-to-time, depending on road surface.

Our XTS's have active noise cancelling?? If it does that's news to me. Never heard that the XTS was designed with that.

----------

Now that I have done some research on the topic, I see where it is mentioned in review articles on the car. Interesting. Now I know why this car is so quiet and what all those little microphone grill covers on the headliner are for. If Jpespinoza turns off his radio would the chirping go away or is it always active?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Our XTS's have active noise cancelling?? If it does that's news to me. Never heard that the XTS was designed with that.

----------

Now that I have done some research on the topic, I see where it is mentioned in review articles on the car. Interesting. Now I know why this car is so quiet and what all those little microphone grill covers on the headliner are for. If Jpespinoza turns off his radio would the chirping go away or is it always active?
    I am fairly certain it is always active - not part of the radio function, other than the fact it is Bose system.

I'm more confused now than before...

I'm more confused now than before...
    Confused about...?

Confused about noise canceling feature and microphones grill covers... But I think it's just something loose in the car as I noticed that when I slammed the door, today, I heard that chirping noise. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Although petty, it bothers me so I'll discuss with my service advisor on the next visit.

Did you check the sunroof or the rear seat back latches like I suggested? If you heard it when you closed the door my guess is sunroof. A few members here have had some sunroof noise issues.

rrfmdj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium (Nav)
    I have an XTS Platinum that has multiple rattles coming from the headliner area of the car, also from the passenger side door, and the drivers side dash area. My glovebox has been replaced as well as the storage box on the drivers side. They have taken out the headliner and tried to repair it as well as replacing all the back seat latches. The car is currently back in the shop with the same issues. The sunroof has also been adjusted and thoroughly checked. This car was purchased brand new and only has 2000 miles on it. I actually traded a 2013 Premium XTS for the Platinum for the same reason, rattles everywhere in the car. The rattles happen whether the sound system is on, or not, it also is noticeable even when the sound system has the volume cranked up. I personally believe from my experience, that the 2013 has design flaws that cause the higher level trim models to rattle. It is very upsetting to me because I have paid a high price for a business class luxury car and it's in my garage at home only occasionally, it stays at the dealership being repaired. I am a loyal Cadillac owner, having owned 5 Cadillacs now. Until the XTS I have never experienced rattles in a new Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    Did you check the sunroof or the rear seat back latches like I suggested?.
    . No sunroof here and i did check the latches. I think I may be on the same boat as the last poster.

bmick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

check the plastic thing on lower area of your XTS passenger seat. One of my passenger tried to move the seat little bit forward like a old style seat (no electric). That plastic thing ripped apart and was causing the chirping noise... Good Luck !

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Confused about noise canceling feature and microphones grill covers... But I think it's just something loose in the car as I noticed that when I slammed the door, today, I heard that chirping noise. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Although petty, it bothers me so I'll discuss with my service advisor on the next visit.
    Hello jpespinoza,

I apologize that this noise bothers you. Please keep us updated when you discuss this with your service advisor and please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rrfmdj View Post
    I have an XTS Platinum that has multiple rattles coming from the headliner area of the car, also from the passenger side door, and the drivers side dash area. My glovebox has been replaced as well as the storage box on the drivers side. They have taken out the headliner and tried to repair it as well as replacing all the back seat latches. The car is currently back in the shop with the same issues. The sunroof has also been adjusted and thoroughly checked. This car was purchased brand new and only has 2000 miles on it. I actually traded a 2013 Premium XTS for the Platinum for the same reason, rattles everywhere in the car. The rattles happen whether the sound system is on, or not, it also is noticeable even when the sound system has the volume cranked up. I personally believe from my experience, that the 2013 has design flaws that cause the higher level trim models to rattle. It is very upsetting to me because I have paid a high price for a business class luxury car and it's in my garage at home only occasionally, it stays at the dealership being repaired. I am a loyal Cadillac owner, having owned 5 Cadillacs now. Until the XTS I have never experienced rattles in a new Cadillac.
    Hello rrfmdj,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products! I apologize that you are experiencing this rattle in your XTS. Have you spoken with our Customer Care team in regards to this concern yet? If you are interested in opening a case and documenting your concerns, please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.