Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Chirping noise on XTS

9K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  r34220 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced a rattling or chirping noise coming from inside their XTS?

I can't seem to find the cause.
It is usually when the car is moving and it's annoying!

#4 ·
Hello jpespinoza,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this noise from the inside of your XTS when you are driving in the vehicle. Have you brought this concern up to your dealership’s service department? I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment to have this looked into. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com if you would like to further discuss this concern. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line of the email so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#5 ·
If it happens specifically when you are on a rough road, I'd bet it is the active noise canceling not being able to keep up with the noise in the cabin. If it seems to be coming from driver-left, that might be it. I have that happen from time-to-time, depending on road surface.

#6 ·
Our XTS's have active noise cancelling?? If it does that's news to me. Never heard that the XTS was designed with that.

----------

Now that I have done some research on the topic, I see where it is mentioned in review articles on the car. Interesting. Now I know why this car is so quiet and what all those little microphone grill covers on the headliner are for. If Jpespinoza turns off his radio would the chirping go away or is it always active?

#10 ·
Confused about noise canceling feature and microphones grill covers... But I think it's just something loose in the car as I noticed that when I slammed the door, today, I heard that chirping noise. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Although petty, it bothers me so I'll discuss with my service advisor on the next visit.

#15 ·
Hello jpespinoza,

I apologize that this noise bothers you. Please keep us updated when you discuss this with your service advisor and please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I have an XTS Platinum that has multiple rattles coming from the headliner area of the car, also from the passenger side door, and the drivers side dash area. My glovebox has been replaced as well as the storage box on the drivers side. They have taken out the headliner and tried to repair it as well as replacing all the back seat latches. The car is currently back in the shop with the same issues. The sunroof has also been adjusted and thoroughly checked. This car was purchased brand new and only has 2000 miles on it. I actually traded a 2013 Premium XTS for the Platinum for the same reason, rattles everywhere in the car. The rattles happen whether the sound system is on, or not, it also is noticeable even when the sound system has the volume cranked up. I personally believe from my experience, that the 2013 has design flaws that cause the higher level trim models to rattle. It is very upsetting to me because I have paid a high price for a business class luxury car and it's in my garage at home only occasionally, it stays at the dealership being repaired. I am a loyal Cadillac owner, having owned 5 Cadillacs now. Until the XTS I have never experienced rattles in a new Cadillac.
Hello rrfmdj,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products! I apologize that you are experiencing this rattle in your XTS. Have you spoken with our Customer Care team in regards to this concern yet? If you are interested in opening a case and documenting your concerns, please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.