OnStar remote link?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, OnStar remote link? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I down loaded the OnStar Remote Link to my android smart phone. I've been trying to get it to connect ...
    JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

OnStar remote link?

I down loaded the OnStar Remote Link to my android smart phone. I've been trying to get it to connect to the car for about 3 weeks now. The bluetooth is connected and I can sign in on my phone but everytime I try to update the info it just keeps saying it can't connect to the vehicle (216). I've talked to OnStar tech line 3 times and they updated my system 3 times and I've done every thing they say to do but no luck. Has anyone had the say problem? It's no big deal but it looks like it could be cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Re: OnStar remote link?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    I down loaded the OnStar Remote Link to my android smart phone. I've been trying to get it to connect to the car for about 3 weeks now. The bluetooth is connected and I can sign in on my phone but everytime I try to update the info it just keeps saying it can't connect to the vehicle (216). I've talked to OnStar tech line 3 times and they updated my system 3 times and I've done every thing they say to do but no luck. Has anyone had the say problem? It's no big deal but it looks like it could be cool.
    Had the same problem with my wife's Cruze two years ago. Works good in theory, but it was really a hit and miss with the connection. I'm surprised it hasn't been resolved as yet.

blackhawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    I use the remote link on my iphone and it works fine. Every time. Try deleting and reinstalling the app again. Good luck.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    JoeGrapes,

I'd like to review your case and see what I can do to further assist and make sure you are able to access the application. Can you please send me a PM with your contact and account information? I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes
    I Had a 216 error when I was in Canada a few months ago. As soon as I got back in the US the error disappeared.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Hi Jessica, i received a message saying you tried to sent me a PM but my inbox was full. I didn't realize I can only have two messages in the inbox. I emptied the inbox so I should be able to receive your message. Thanks

Thanks for letting me know Joe!

I have resent my message. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Rmbrunswick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Works like a charm every time on my Android. Remote start is very cool. On Star reports are great for keeping monthly mileage records for tax purposes plus it calls my dealership to remind them to call me to schedule maintenance.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I have my escalade and Buick Verano on the remote link. No problems. Definitely get it working as it is really cool feature.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

They need to add the ability to open and close your windows and or sunroof from the app. That would be handy

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Now I can't access the OnStar Remote. I get the message sub status code c403 118failed to get the app session key. Iam using my ipad to access onstar. What the heck does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Now I can't access the OnStar Remote. I get the message sub status code c403 118failed to get the app session key. Iam using my ipad to access onstar. What the heck does this mean?
    Cadjiek,

What version of the iPad are you using? I'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your contact and account information?

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

I fixed it. I deleted the app that was still under the old CADIAPPS that was on my IPAD and installed the app again.. A year ago when
    I picked up my XTS I didn't even know what an IPAD was or an APP was. As long as I can figure this stuff out on my own my brain cells must still be OK.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

I fixed it. I deleted the app that was still under the old CADIAPPS that was on my IPAD and installed the app again.. A year ago when
    I picked up my XTS I didn't even know what an IPAD was or an APP was. As long as I can figure this stuff out on my own my brain cells must still be OK.
    You're doing good!

Glad to hear that Cadjiek! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm always happy to help.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.