XTS Backdoor Locks
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Backdoor Locks in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Gang, I am embarrassed to have to post this question....but, here it goes: I've had my 2013 XTS for about ...
    dc72martin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

XTS Backdoor Locks

Gang, I am embarrassed to have to post this question....but, here it goes:

I've had my 2013 XTS for about a month now....definitely still learning all of the ins-n-outs of CUE, etc...but, my backdoors cannot be opened from the inside (like a child lock feature). I've searched along the door itself for the good ol' fashioned child lock toggle that is found on many vehicles, but don't see anything. I've also searched through the settings in CUE, as well as in the Owner's Manual, and can't seem to find anything in either place.

What am I missing/overlooking? My kids are staring to get used to me opening their doors for them, so I need to get this fixed pronto, before I spoil them!

Thanks for the help.

Trapped in the Back

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: XTS Backdoor Locks

I found the answer on page 2-13 of the owner manual. There is a button on the drivers door that prevents the back doors from being unlocked from the inside. This also disables the rear power window controls. There is an indicator light in the switch when that feature is activated.

Apparently you can end up in a situation where the indicator light is off and the back door still can't be unlocked from the inside. The instructions have this paragraph:
    If a rear door handle is pulled when the safety lock is deactivated, that
    door will remain locked and the indicator light may flash. Release the handle, then press the safety
    lock twice to deactivate the safety locks.

Thanks for the help...not sure how I missed that in the manual. Working great now. Thx.

BlackPlatinumV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey Gang, is there a way to only have one of the doors in "safety lock" mode?

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    So from what I understand is you can have both the child lock and window locks on or off, but you can't have just the window lock on and child lock off like other vehicles? I was always greedy with the window controls!

I think you are both correct....seems there is no way to segregate the 2 functions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.