Default to nav?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Default to nav? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Rory if this is a newbie question but this is the first ever new Cadillac I have owned and have ...
    BlackPlatinumV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Default to nav?

Rory if this is a newbie question but this is the first ever new Cadillac I have owned and have only had it for a day...didn't see this in the manual in any *obvious* way though so thought I might ping here...

Is there a way that when you are done with whatever you've done with the menu system to have the main CUE screen default back to nav all the time?

-S

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Default to nav?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPlatinumV View Post
    Rory if this is a newbie question but this is the first ever new Cadillac I have owned and have only had it for a day...didn't see this in the manual in any *obvious* way though so thought I might ping here...

Is there a way that when you are done with whatever you've done with the menu system to have the main CUE screen default back to nav all the time?

-S
    Hit the Nav symbol

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPlatinumV View Post

-S
    Hello BlackPlatinumV,

Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! I researched into this and I do not see a setting that allows the main CUE screen default back to the NAV. I apologize that this is not the case, but I will be sure to document it as feedback and forward it to the correct group. You may have to go with kipsts’ advice and hit the NAV symbol when you are looking to have the NAV screen on. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message if you have any further questions. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Having had SilverFox (Platium XTS) for a little more than a year now, my guess is that there is no clear way for CUE to 'know' that you are done with whatever you were doing on the main screen that took you off of NAV in the first place. For example, perhaps you shifted to Audio to shift the station (or input from Sat to FM) and let it start playing the next song. Are you done, or maybe you decide after listening for a very short while that you want to change again. How would CUE know? It seems to me that the easiest solution is to have you hit the NAV symbol when you are ready to go back to the NAV screen.

BlackPlatinumV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I was thinking of it more like using nav as the "screen saver" if that makes more sense. The proximity sensors being activated could go back to where you were beforehand. Just a suggestion I guess. . The button isn't *that* painful.

That makes sense- having the proximity sensor go to the prior modified screen with a revert to the NAV screen as the default. Have to give that some thought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.