Accurate fuel gauge?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Accurate fuel gauge? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Our new 2013 XTS fuel gauge reflected only 1/4 tank left, after driving for 200 miles, starting with a filled ...
    Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Accurate fuel gauge?

Our new 2013 XTS fuel gauge reflected only 1/4 tank left, after driving for 200 miles, starting with a filled tank. It dropped "like a rock" after the 3/4 readout. Upon fill-up, with about 1/4 left, it only took 11 gallons; and this was after waiting, clicking-on the pump, and trying to fill again. The question is: is this the "norm" for the fuel level read-out, or do we have a problem? I believe that the fuel tank contains 18.5 +/- gallons, so the above does not equate. With the type of driving during the first miles, one would expect a constant decline in the gasoline tank level. I would hate to "push-it" on a road trip to a 1/4 tank reading, if, in fact, it was an inaccurate and we had a lot less gasoline. If we had much more than 1/4 tank remaining, it would be a different situation.
    Your experience and input is appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: Accurate fuel gauge?

I have notice with most gm vehicles when you are on a hill they fluctuate really bad the lower in gas you have. This has happened for every GM vehicle I have had. When you are facing downhill the gas drops while up hill it goes up. Hopefully this makes sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.