warning light help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, warning light help in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; we get an occaisonal orange warning light that no one at the dealor or customer service can explain to us. ...
    WVU Oilman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Plat X4

warning light help

we get an occaisonal orange warning light that no one at the dealor or customer service can explain to us. it is a speedometer with a clock wise rotated arrow. The speedometer is similar to the cruise indicator, but does not have the car figure included. just the speedo and the arrow. no rhyme or reason about when it shows up. the cadillac guys keep saying its a lane departure indicator, but it looks nothing like those indicators.

thanks for anyhelp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Baldtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX, 2013 XTS

Re: warning light help

This indicator is an elective warning that you are exceeding the posted speed limit. It can be turned on or off on the window that shows the speed limit sign in your DIC. Get to that screen and push SEL to turn it off or on. It's probably a good feature for the few that actually observe speed limits.

joesboat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    It's a programmable speed alert you can set.

I never had a speeding ticket in my life.
    3 days after I had the XTS I was stopped.
    I use the alarm all the time. I'm not used to the gradual, quiet and fluid speed increase just from floating on the highway.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

is this for heads up display or display behind the wheel

garrykolb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    is this for heads up display or display behind the wheel
    This is an optional indicator that you can turn on and off. To turn it on, use the optional display items to show the current speed limit. Then, with that item selected, press the SEL button to enable/disable the warning light. It appears on the instrument panel, not the heads-up display.

Kenneybrock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVU Oilman
    we get an occaisonal orange warning light that no one at the dealor or customer service can explain to us. it is a speedometer with a clock wise rotated arrow. The speedometer is similar to the cruise indicator, but does not have the car figure included. just the speedo and the arrow. no rhyme or reason about when it shows up. the cadillac guys keep saying its a lane departure indicator, but it looks nothing like those indicators. thanks for anyhelp.
    I have this feature, and it seems useful. However, for some reason, I have to turn it on EVERY time I want to use it. When the car shuts off, I have to manually reactivate for the next drive.

Is this a defect, or was the system designed this way?

----------

This is a nice feature. It works in tandem with the posted speed limit and the indicator only appears when the vehicle speed exceeds the posted speed limit.

However, for some reason, this feature must be activated for each drive. Once the car has been shut off, the feature will not resume once the car is restarted.

Is this a defect, or was the system designed to require that the user reactivate each time?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.