Radio problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Radio problem in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cranked the XTS up and the radio won't work (AM, FM, XM). Column up, down etc. nothing. And, yes, it ...
    Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Radio problem

Cranked the XTS up and the radio won't work (AM, FM, XM). Column up, down etc. nothing. And, yes, it is on. Any suggestions before I go to the shop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Radio problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbill View Post
    Cranked the XTS up and the radio won't work (AM, FM, XM). Column up, down etc. nothing. And, yes, it is on. Any suggestions before I go to the shop?
    Hello Lizbill,

I apologize you are experiencing a concern with your radio in your XTS. Please keep us updated on the situation and if you would like any assistance in working with the dealership in regards to this concern, don’t hesitate to private message us. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Oddest thing. Got up early to go to the dealership and the darn thing worked again. Made several trips around town; no problems. Electronic gremlins hopefully have left.

Oddest thing. Got up early to go to the dealership and the darn thing worked again. Made several trips around town; no problems. Electronic gremlins hopefully have left.
    Hello Lizbill,

Thank you for keeping us updated! If you experience the concern again, I would suggest taking it to a dealership so they can document that they have experienced this. Please message us as well so we can follow up with you and the dealership in regards to this concern. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I had an issue where this happened as well. Radio was on and no sound. I know it was receiving the signal cause the artist and song were displayed on the screen. I tried the volume, i tried turning off the radio. I tried disconnecting the Bluetooth phone and I tried turning off and restarting the car. Nothing worked and no sound. This lasted about 5 minutes while driving and then it fixed itself after that.

I called my service associate and he had not had any reports of this event. Head scratcher for sure.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I have had the issue a few times. I have had to do a cue reset and it seems to work but it happened again. It seems to be only the radios (xm, fm, am) but cd and usb will work. Not sure what this is. I have had mine to actually crash while on the road one day.

Now here is an odd one. One of our locals radio stations broadcasts in FM. One is a talk/sports and the other is music. It broadcasts as HD1 and HD2 on the same band (FM 100.1). Now I can't get it to broadcast in HD. Any suggestions??? I hate to drive some 30 miles to the dealership for a radio station problem.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Try a cue reset. It seemed to work or me

Now here is an odd one. One of our locals radio stations broadcasts in FM. One is a talk/sports and the other is music. It broadcasts as HD1 and HD2 on the same band (FM 100.1). Now I can't get it to broadcast in HD. Any suggestions??? I hate to drive some 30 miles to the dealership for a radio station problem.
    Hello Lizbill,

I am sorry for any radio issues you are experiencing. I see another forum member offered advice to try a CUE reset. Please let me know if you test this out and it works! If not we can try and explore some alternative options. We can be contacted via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Lizbill,

I am sorry for any radio issues you are experiencing. I see another forum member offered advice to try a CUE reset. Please let me know if you test this out and it works! If not we can try and explore some alternative options. We can be contacted via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Explain the CUE reset please & I'll try it.

Explain the CUE reset please & I'll try it.
    Hello Lizbill,

I am more than happy to utilize my internal resources to help research this on your behalf. I will reach back out to you tomorrow after I gathered additional information.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Here's a link to the reboot discussion on the forum:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-trouble.html

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleXTS View Post
    Here's a link to the reboot discussion on the forum:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-trouble.html
    Link doesn't work.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sometimes radio stations switch to their back up transmitter which isn't set up to broadcast in HD. Here in Minneapolis a storm damaged the FM antenna shared by many stations and they had to switch from their main antenna in Shoreview to the backup antenna system on the IDS tower. Until I read about the switch to the back up site I couldn't figure out why nearly every station that was HD, now wasn't. It took a few weeks to get the antenna fixed but now all are back to HD broadcasts. Do you have any other stations that you used to be able to pick up in HD that are still in HD? All I'm saying is that the problem could be at the radio transmitter and not your radio.

I contacted the station and they said thee were transmitting in both HD1and HD2.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.