Air Conditioner compressor-when is it on ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Air Conditioner compressor-when is it on ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; With climate control in auto mode, how can I tell when the compressor is on ? My Buick Enclave goes ...
    Sailerph is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Air Conditioner compressor-when is it on ?

With climate control in auto mode, how can I tell when the compressor is on ?
    My Buick Enclave goes on about 40 degrees, but a small light shows that. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Air Conditioner compressor-when is it on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sailerph View Post
    With climate control in auto mode, how can I tell when the compressor is on ?
    My Buick Enclave goes on about 40 degrees, but a small light shows that. Thanks
    I am not sure I understand your question. If your interior temperature is staying where you want it, everything is working fine. If you lower the temp from where it is set and you feel colder air coming through the vents, your compressor is clearly working. What do you mean that your Enclave goes on about 40 degrees? C or F, interior or exterior? Also if your temperature in the cabin stays where you want it, why do you care?

Sailerph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The Buick Enclave in auto mode: The compressor won't come on until outside temp is about 40 degrees F or higher and a lite will then come on. Just curious, no big deal.Everything works fine

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Sailerph View Post
    The Buick Enclave in auto mode: The compressor won't come on until outside temp is about 40 degrees F or higher and a lite will then come on. Just curious, no big deal.Everything works fine
    'No issues mon' just trying to understand to see if I could help There is no separate indicator light on the XTS for the compressor. Interesting re the 40 degrees. Used to be that you were advised to run your AC periodically during the winter to keep the seals lubed. I don't know if that is still true with today's compressors. I know that when I used to do that (before living in Vegas) you could turn on the AC and kick in the compressor even with outside temps near freezing.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

That's very true about the compressor with outside temps. That winter sun can warm an interior very
    quickly. The compressor comes on based on interior temps.

Kenneybrock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    That's very true about the compressor with outside temps. That winter sun can warm an interior very
    quickly. The compressor comes on based on interior temps.
    Also on modern cars, the AC compressor comes on when operating the front defroster in the winter.
    If you press the snowflake on CUE, you will find an option for turning the AC compressor on or off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.