XTS Platinum One Year Later
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kipsts
  • 1 Post By jsakabuck
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Platinum One Year Later in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thumbs up XTS Platinum One Year Later

Some impressions now that SilverFox is one year old. First and foremost, the XTS Platinum has proven to be an outstanding vehicle from every perspective: the driving, comfort, power, fuel economy, and fit and finish. I have had no service issues, and other than the expected (for a brand new car, early production delivery) high number of software updates in the initial months, it has been great.

I have a very short list of minor nits: I would have liked the fuel door to have the ability to be locked; the seat cooling function is way too subtle for effectiveness in dry climates like Vegas; the AC sensors placement need refinement and/or better balancing in the sense that you can be driving along and apparently if the outside temp changes the interior temperature can drastically get changed rather than keep the interior temperature at a constant; and lastly, every once in a while at slow speeds the transmission (in regular setting, not in Sport) experiences a rough transition as it apparently downshifts.

I am surprised at the number of compliments it still garners both at Cars and Coffee meetings and in general when I stop on trips. The comfort and ergonomics of the cabin are amongst the best of the cars I have owned and/or driven in. It is a really quite car inside even at high speeds and with strong crosswinds (which do not effect the handling at all). The power has never disappointed even at high expressway speeds, there is plenty of reserve to kick down and move out. The Sport mode and manual shifts work flawlessly and very effectively. I really like the tightened handling in Sport mode. Brakes and tires (OEM 20” Bridgestone Potenzas) have never let me down- the brakes smoothly and effectively draw the XTS to a stop whether from high speed or in a panic situation. The tires have great traction in both dry and wet conditions and ride smoothly and quietly. The Hill Start Assist and eParking Brake perform flawlessly with no creep regardless of the steepness of the incline. The comfort and space of the rear seat really surprises my friends riding back there. I like the numerous safety features such as lane departure, vehicle approaching on right, left or back (when backing), rate of closure too fast on vehicle in front warnings etc. The seat feedback triggered by the respective warning certainly (appropriately) gets your attention. The enhanced Bose system sounds very good. The ability to have OnStar download directions to the Nav is very cool and safe since you don’t have to take your eyes off the road to input data.

So in summary, a highly satisfying, enjoyable well built Cadillac
    Ormond likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Re: XTS Platinum One Year Later

I agree with everything you've documented (and have noticed the transmission downshift surge). However, might you add the lack of Intellibeam? I would. That's my only complaint with my XTS Platinum. Obviously, the 2014's will include it, so I guess it can't be classified as an uncorrected issue, but I still bemoan the lack of that feature. I just wish the programming guy at White Automotive could reprogram the XTS's with Driver Assist like he has those without. But, I remain hopeful! :-)

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleXTS View Post
    I agree with everything you've documented (and have noticed the transmission downshift surge). However, might you add the lack of Intellibeam? I would. That's my only complaint with my XTS Platinum. Obviously, the 2014's will include it, so I guess it can't be classified as an uncorrected issue, but I still bemoan the lack of that feature. I just wish the programming guy at White Automotive could reprogram the XTS's with Driver Assist like he has those without. But, I remain hopeful! :-)
    Thanks. I have never had a car with Intellibeam so I really can't comment on it. I do like the corning function of the main beams on the XTS and forgot to mention that in my brief summary.

Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I agree with the climate issue there is significant changes in climate when the temp outside changes

AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I have owned mine since July. My biggest gripe is the 5 way switch. It is a pain in the but. My DTS was much more driver friendlly

jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible
    Okay, I'm sure I am not the only one here thinking......What is a five way switch?
    RockvilleXTS likes this.

Rmbrunswick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck View Post
    Okay, I'm sure I am not the only one here thinking......What is a five way switch?
    I suspect that he's referring to the cruise and information switches on the steering wheel. My only complaint is the seat cooling. Maybe great for Detroit in the summer but not at all effective in Southwest Florida.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.