XTS Platinum AWD vs E350 4Matic Luxury
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Platinum AWD vs E350 4Matic Luxury in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm looking for a supremely comfortable and luxurious replacement for my too sporty BMW 535i. I've narrowed it down to ...
    edspider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

XTS Platinum AWD vs E350 4Matic Luxury

I'm looking for a supremely comfortable and luxurious replacement for my too sporty BMW 535i. I've narrowed it down to these two. Here is my subjective differences between the two.

Ride Comfort: E (luxury version) is really perfect for me
    Quiet: Equal, I think but welcome comments
    Leather: XTS has very soft leather. ($1500 for so so leather in the E)
    HUD: XTS
    Radar Cruise: XTS ($2800 more for E)
    Price: XTS is $8000 less
    Exterior: E by a smidge
    Interior: E by a smidge
    Sleepy Monitor: E has more safety features
    Surround View: E
    Auto Parking: Both have it, but E does T parking, too.
    Dashboard: XTS is pretty slick.
    Gas: E even w/premium beats the XTS w/regular

I was really surprised how much different the Luxury E felt over the Sport to me, but I thought the seat was too hard so my build included multi-contour.

I'm not concerned about the price so much as I figure the depreciation will be about the same on both. I know the XTS is an Impala and FWD at the core so perhaps some might find it odd that I'm putting them in the same boat, but I don't drive aggressively or even that much. I just want comfort, quiet and luxury. These too fit that requirement very well. I'd love an S-Class or LS, but that too rich for my blood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Same for me, I studied so long before I bought my car I could have been a Salesman. In the end I went with the XTS because it's a better fit for my family requirements. The E was very small to me. It was not as comfortable as the Cadillac. Both cars were great. However I was more concerned with the way the car
    Interior felt. I realize that the depreciation is greater with the Cadillac but I was willing 2 take the loss because of the comfort Factor. I plan on keeping the car at least five to seven years

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: XTS Platinum AWD vs E350 4Matic Luxury

Is a trunk important, and I don't know how big the 'merc' is, but the XTS' is pretty much huge (18 cubic feet); just a thought.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by edspider
    I'm looking for a supremely comfortable and luxurious replacement for my too sporty BMW 535i. I've narrowed it down to these two. Here is my subjective differences between the two.

Ride Comfort: E (luxury version) is really perfect for me
    Quiet: Equal, I think but welcome comments
    Leather: XTS has very soft leather. ($1500 for so so leather in the E)
    HUD: XTS
    Radar Cruise: XTS ($2800 more for E)
    Price: XTS is $8000 less
    Exterior: E by a smidge
    Interior: E by a smidge
    Sleepy Monitor: E has more safety features
    Surround View: E
    Auto Parking: Both have it, but E does T parking, too.
    Dashboard: XTS is pretty slick.
    Gas: E even w/premium beats the XTS w/regular

I was really surprised how much different the Luxury E felt over the Sport to me, but I thought the seat was too hard so my build included multi-contour.

I'm not concerned about the price so much as I figure the depreciation will be about the same on both. I know the XTS is an Impala and FWD at the core so perhaps some might find it odd that I'm putting them in the same boat, but I don't drive aggressively or even that much. I just want comfort, quiet and luxury. These too fit that requirement very well. I'd love an S-Class or LS, but that too rich for my blood.
    Actually the Buick LaCrosse was the first vehicle built on the platform, then the XTS and now the Impala. I know it might seem like splitting hairs, but I do think it makes a difference if you say that the Impala came off of a luxury platform than to say that the XTS began life as an Impala.

I personally have a CTS so I don't have a vested interest either way. Just making a point.

You also have to go into this knowing that at the core these are different types of vehicles. Although both come in AWD versions, the E began life as a RWD car whereas the XTS is a front driver. It may not matter if you put more emphasis on luxury over corner carving, but it's a point to be aware of. No right or wrong choice, just depends on your emphasis.

If you don't want AWD and foul weather is a concern, the XTS may be a better all weather car. If the worst you have to deal with is rain, than a RWD E would be fine. The XTS may be a bit less costly to maintain in the long run over the Germans (I have a BMW X5) as maintenance and out of warranty repairs can get pricey.

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

I have an Audi A6 currently and have had no problems with it in two years. I think the seats are more comfortable than those in the E, but the Caddy might be better. I don't think I've seen an E with the comfort seat, so I cannot comment. I've owned two E's over the years, and prefer the Audi. However, I will shop the XTS for its value, size and comfort when I'm ready to trade.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The one thing the XTS stands out in is in the overall interior comfort , one of the best in the industry. That said , I would buy that XTS !

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    The one thing the XTS stands out in is in the overall interior comfort , one of the best in the industry. That said , I would buy that XTS !
    Hi DG2,

Thanks for the positive feedback about the overall interior comfort of the XTS! Do you currently own an XTS, or have you had the awesome opportunity of test driving one?

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hi DG2,

Thanks for the positive feedback about the overall interior comfort of the XTS! Do you currently own an XTS, or have you had the awesome opportunity of test driving one?

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hi Laura

Your welcome. I own a 2005 STS with 194,000 miles and still going strong. I'm the original owner and people still ask if the car is brand new. I have taken the XTS out fir two different test drives and plan to own one or the new CTS soon. There both beautiful !!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

actually the saab 9-5 was the first vehicle built on the platform
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Hi Laura

Your welcome. I own a 2005 STS with 194,000 miles and still going strong. I'm the original owner and people still ask if the car is brand new. I have taken the XTS out fir two different test drives and plan to own one or the new CTS soon. There both beautiful !!
    Hello DG2,

I am glad your 2005 STS is still going strong for you. That is great to hear; seems like you take great care of your STS. I agree the XTS and CTS are both beautiful vehicles! I see you already were able to experience the XTS in your own hands, that's awesome. In the future if you have any questions about a vehicle you are going to purchase, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.