Side proximity detection and braking; blind zone indicators
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Side proximity detection and braking; blind zone indicators in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; In pulling in and out of my garage I've noticed a sudden auto-application of brakes. My wife parks her Suv ...
    TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum

Side proximity detection and braking; blind zone indicators

In pulling in and out of my garage I've noticed a sudden auto-application of brakes. My wife parks her Suv on the opposite side of the driveway ramp. I finally figured out that if I pass her car too closely when entering and exiting my garage either the front or back brakes suddenly get applied! (there is a 1" berm to the garage concrete floor between the driveway and garage floor). Anyone else have the same problems?

Further, when my turn indicator lights are turned on (say to the right) and a car pulls into the blind zone, the blind zone indicator light does not flash in the side view mirrors. Is this by design (I hope not) or something else? Yes, my indicator lights seem to work normally when I don't have the turn indicator on. The dealer said ... duh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Side proximity detection and braking; blind zone indicators

Quote Originally Posted by TimTown View Post
    .. when my turn indicator lights are turned on (say to the right) and a car pulls into the blind zone, the blind zone indicator light does not flash in the side view mirrors. Is this by design (I hope not) or something else? Yes, my indicator lights seem to work normally when I don't have the turn indicator on. The dealer said ... duh?
    After reading your post I tried to pay particular attention to the interaction between turn signal and blind zone warning in the respective mirror. I found that if the car was already in the blind zone and I put the turn signal on, the blind zone indicator continued to flash a warning. If the turn signal was on and then a car appeared to pull into the blind zone almost always the blind zone flashed. The only time it did not was if the car was actually further to the extreme side of the lane it was in and perhaps the combination of speed I was traveling and its position and speed did not trigger the blind zone warning. But again, most of the time the two worked in concert. Clearly you would want the blind zone warning to alert you especially if you were intending on coming into the other car's lane to early. Of course one should always visually check to confirm no car is too close in the lane and you are moving into, rather than just rely on the blind zone warning.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.