Trunk Button on Keyfob
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Trunk Button on Keyfob in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This is the second time this has happened my trunk button on my key fob on one press opens and ...
    Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Trunk Button on Keyfob

This is the second time this has happened my trunk button on my key fob on one press opens and unlocks the car. I was at work and luckily one of my trusted co worker let me know that my trunk was opened. It stated that you have to either hold the trunk button or double press to trunk button to open the trunk. It should not unlock all the door and open the trunk with one press of the button. Has anybody else had this issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Trunk Button on Keyfob

Yes I don't know why it opens when you just touch button when it says you have to hold button in to open. I know that on (buick) lacrosse forum they have same problem with trunk unintentional trunk opening . They are changing some customers vehicles so they have to press button twice for trunk to open which I wish they would offer for xts.

Yes I wish they would who do I need to talk to to get this done. This is super frustrating. If I open the trunk it does not need to unlock the doors that is what the unlock button is for.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    This is the second time this has happened my trunk button on my key fob on one press opens and unlocks the car. I was at work and luckily one of my trusted co worker let me know that my trunk was opened. It stated that you have to either hold the trunk button or double press to trunk button to open the trunk. It should not unlock all the door and open the trunk with one press of the button. Has anybody else had this issue.
    Hello Bejaip,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your trunk button unlocking all of your doors with one button press. Have you reached out to the dealership with this concern? I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them if you would like. I have also documented this concern and sent it along to the correct group in my organization in regards to this issue and the similar Buick concern that nstar has mentioned. Please private message me if you would like my assistance in working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

i took the suggestion from another thread and ordered from keywraps.com. It is inexpensive and keep me from pressing the trunk release inadvertently. It did not work this way on my SRX. You had to press twice or hold for a long period (as I recall). Big security issue on the XTS.

Might want to get two protectors over the weekend we were in a restaurant we could see vehicle from inside my wife grabbed her purse as she did I saw the trunk open on vehicle. You have to make sure you have nothing of value in trunk. Law enforcement in our area recommend you put articles in your trunk to hide to keep from theft and break in. This is troublesome issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    i took the suggestion from another thread and ordered from keywraps.com. It is inexpensive and keep me from pressing the trunk release inadvertently. It did not work this way on my SRX. You had to press twice or hold for a long period (as I recall). Big security issue on the XTS.

marandjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Not only has my trunk opened several times like you mentioned, but when I came out of Costco, all my windows were down. Luckily, nothing missing. This really needs to be addressed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by marandjay View Post
    Not only has my trunk opened several times like you mentioned, but when I came out of Costco, all my windows were down. Luckily, nothing missing. This really needs to be addressed.
    Hello marandjay,

I apologize that you have had this issue on your XTS as well and that your windows were down as well. Has this been the only time this has happened and have you reached out to your dealership in regards to this concern? If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership to try and address this issue, please feel free to private message me. You can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

This issue has been fixed when I took the vehicle in

Do you happen to know what had to be done?
    This issue has been fixed when I took the vehicle in

they said I had a error code that was that needed to be cleared out so not I have to double press it for it to work.

Thank You !!!
    they said I had a error code that was that needed to be cleared out so not I have to double press it for it to work.

Any one have any luck getting trunk button changed from one press to two??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.