High-pitched whine...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, High-pitched whine... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a new 2013 Cadillac XTS with 1800 miles on it. I LOVE it, but now I have a ...
    eperon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): dkonrad@columbus.rr.com

High-pitched whine...

I have a new 2013 Cadillac XTS with 1800 miles on it. I LOVE it, but now I have a concern -- while driving it today down a well-paved road, I noticed for the first time a subtle, high-pitched whine, but couldn't ascertain where it was coming from... engine? Tires? What?
    Any ideas, friends?? Please don't tell me something's wrong with my car already!... I can stand the whine if I know it's nothing to be concerned about....
    Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: High-pitched whine...

Quote Originally Posted by eperon View Post
    I have a new 2013 Cadillac XTS with 1800 miles on it. I LOVE it, but now I have a concern -- while driving it today down a well-paved road, I noticed for the first time a subtle, high-pitched whine, but couldn't ascertain where it was coming from... engine? Tires? What?
    Any ideas, friends?? Please don't tell me something's wrong with my car already!... I can stand the whine if I know it's nothing to be concerned about....
    Thank you!
    Hello eperon,

Congratulations on your new XTS and I am glad to hear that you love it! I do apologize that you have noticed a high pitch whine coming from your vehicle. If you are interested in taking it to a dealership in regards to the whine, I would be happy to assist you in working with them. Please private message me if you are interested in my assistance. If you are not able to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

XTS75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Hi eperon--

Not sure if your problem every resolved itself but I just dealt with something similar. Turned out to be a leak in the rear axle seal. Good luck!

eperon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): dkonrad@columbus.rr.com

Thanks so much for your response.

My problem was resolved -- a bad wheel bearing... with 2000 miles n the car!!

Oh well, all's well that ends!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by XTS75 View Post
    Hi eperon--

Not sure if your problem every resolved itself but I just dealt with something similar. Turned out to be a leak in the rear axle seal. Good luck!
    Hello XTS75,

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum! We are happy to have you part of the Cadillac family. Thanks for sharing your advice with eperon. I am sorry you experienced a leak in the rear axle recently. If you have additional concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by eperon View Post
    Thanks so much for your response.

My problem was resolved -- a bad wheel bearing... with 2000 miles n the car!!

Oh well, all's well that ends!
    Hello eperon,

Great news that your vehicle issue was located and resolved. I am sorry for any inconvenience this was for you. Don't hesitate to contact Gregory or I if you need assistance with anything else.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by eperon
    Thanks so much for your response. My problem was resolved -- a bad wheel bearing... with 2000 miles n the car!! Oh well, all's well that ends!
    My dad's brand new Acura with less then 800 miles had the same problem. Whiny noise couldn't believe it but it was the bearings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.