XTS Navigation and weather with XM or Onstar
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Travlcub
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Navigation and weather with XM or Onstar in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am a lil confused is the navigation in my XTS with onstar or with XM radio. Onstar says its ...
    Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

XTS Navigation and weather with XM or Onstar

I am a lil confused is the navigation in my XTS with onstar or with XM radio. Onstar says its with them but then XM says the weather is through them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip
    I am a lil confused is the navigation in my XTS with onstar or with XM radio. Onstar says its with them but then XM says the weather is through them.
    Do you have in-dash navigation? If so that navigation is separate from On-Star and does not require a subscription. Regardless, On-Star does offer turn by turn that requires a subscription.

The only "Navigation" features you get from XM is Navtraffic and that can only be had if you have the in-dash navigation.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: XTS Navigation and weather with XM or Onstar

Weather is thru XM.

so if I cancel my xm or get a cheaper package it will not affect my navigation. I have a in dash navigation. How does nav traffic work. What are other XTS owners recommendation on xm and on star

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Nav traffic is inadequate, in my opinion. In the DC area, it only displays traffic on the interstates and it is slow to update. Compared to MapQuest, it's a complete waste. I told the XM rep when she called at the end of my 3-month trial period that after this year (pre-paid year) I would not be renewing. I only wish we could have a MapQuest app within CUE and have live traffic on all roads!

I hope when they do the new stuff on the iphone that it integrates better with CUE. Maybe you can use your phones maps or something. So but let me make sure I understand this correct the maps in my XTS will still work if I cancel the XM package?

so if I cancel my xm or get a cheaper package it will not affect my navigation. I have a in dash navigation. How does nav traffic work. What are other XTS owners recommendation on xm and on star
    It will not affect navigation, but could affect Navtraffic.

Navtraffic highlights traffic flows on the interstates.

Red dots = congestion
    Yellow = slow
    Green = full speed

It will also highlight accidents, incidents and construction.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleXTS
    Nav traffic is inadequate, in my opinion. In the DC area, it only displays traffic on the interstates and it is slow to update. Compared to MapQuest, it's a complete waste. I told the XM rep when she called at the end of my 3-month trial period that after this year (pre-paid year) I would not be renewing. I only wish we could have a MapQuest app within CUE and have live traffic on all roads!
    I have had Navtraffic since 2006 when I bought my Acura RL and now with my '12 CTS coupe. It works well enough for me. I also like how it will find alternate routes for you if your set route takes you through a congested area.

----------

I hope when they do the new stuff on the iphone that it integrates better with CUE. Maybe you can use your phones maps or something. So but let me make sure I understand this correct the maps in my XTS will still work if I cancel the XM package?
    Yes.

Thanks for the info. What about the built in weather app will that still work if I cancel either onstar or xm

Thanks for the info. What about the built in weather app will that still work if I cancel either onstar or xm
    Yes I believe it will stop working if you cancel XM.

Onstar has nothing to do with the in dash Nav aside from the ability of OnStar mobile app to send an address to the in dash Nav.

Well thats a bummer because I kind of like the weather app. Maybe I can talk XM down

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    Well thats a bummer because I kind of like the weather app. Maybe I can talk XM down
    I just pay XM for weather (included in travel link) and traffic for 3 months its $17.94. Just weather (Travel link) is 5.97 for 3 months. One month prices are $3.99 for Traffic and $1.99 for Travel Link

see i wouldnt mind paying for traffic and some of the basic stations you know. But they try and lock you in for years. Your best bet is to say you want to cancel and then they will transfer you and then try to give you a better deal

see i wouldnt mind paying for traffic and some of the basic stations you know. But they try and lock you in for years. Your best bet is to say you want to cancel and then they will transfer you and then try to give you a better deal
    I only go year to year and don't automatically renew. The best price I have ever gotten is $70 annually for the music and $40+ for traffic.

Travlcub is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I live in Seattle and it never has accurate reports. XM Traffic is junk

----------

I traded in my 2012 VW Passat and the gas prices would be posted, does the XTS have this with XM? XM says yes the dealer is not sure...
    RockvilleXTS likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.